Is Robbie the only current UFC champ that you will have to kill him to take the belt away from him?

His last submission loss was in 2011, in the 3rd round, by Ronaldo Souza...

And before that, he was subbed by Jake Shield in 2009...

And any of his other submission losses were over 10 yrs ago, so who even cares...

And the ole Diaz KO was over 10 yrs ago as well...

...I think the only way to beat Lawler is to somehow catch him early to mid fight...

If you think he can't be subbed or beaten by decision (i know it seems impossibly with the judges) then you are delusional. Everybody loves Robbie and for good reason, but he is BY FAR the most beatable champ in the UFC right now

He takes way too much punishment, wouldn't be shocked if he gets KO'd in his next fight.

Robbie has no quit in him. He's a nice guy outside the cage and a complete animal in it.

Thats because he takes the middle rounds off. He isn't actually more active than those fighters.
What about the other rounds that he coasted?

That is not the point. The point is when everything is on the line in the end, fighters lose the will to give it their all and hope for the decision to go their way. Robbie gives it his all in the end and you can clearly see he wants to knock his opponents head off regardless of it happening or not. It is his will of a champion that I admire. He may be even less active than those other fighters but his will to win is far greater than them.

I think Joanna's opponents would have to kill her to take her strap right now.

In no way is Conor a brawler, what he does is incredibly technical.

There's nothing technical about stalking someone with your hands down like he does. Mendes tagging him as many times as he did is indicative that Conor is more "war of attrition" than he is "beauty of technique".

Don't get me wrong, he's not Diego Sanchez or Leonard Garcia out there. But there's nothing about straight punches that's exclusive to technical strikers. Conor happens to be a long, rangey guy, and uses that to full effect with straight punches. That's all that is.

Fact of the matter is his chin is one of the true driving forces to his success to this point. Mendes was putting some serious power on those standing shots, and the elbows on the ground, and Conor ate them without issue. But he's going to need to tighten that defense up a bit if he expects to have longstanding success.

If you think he can't be subbed or beaten by decision (i know it seems impossibly with the judges) then you are delusional. Everybody loves Robbie and for good reason, but he is BY FAR the most beatable champ in the UFC right now

Conor probably has the least rounded game of any current champion. Maybe Holly.

Like the other guy said, not if the judges have anything to do with it.

He has tapped many times and had his chin checked by diaz, what makes you think he is suddenly "to the death"?
I dont know, maybe because of his last like 8 fights? Haha

Close fight with johny, war with rory that he was losing on the scorecards, and a razor thin war vs condit.

His fights will definitely have u on the edge of your search of you're even in the same room as the PPV.

There's nothing technical about stalking someone with your hands down like he does. Mendes tagging him as many times as he did is indicative that Conor is more "war of attrition" than he is "beauty of technique".

Don't get me wrong, he's not Diego Sanchez or Leonard Garcia out there. But there's nothing about straight punches that's exclusive to technical strikers. Conor happens to be a long, rangey guy, and uses that to full effect with straight punches. That's all that is.

Fact of the matter is his chin is one of the true driving forces to his success to this point. Mendes was putting some serious power on those standing shots, and the elbows on the ground, and Conor ate them without issue. But he's going to need to tighten that defense up a bit if he expects to have longstanding success.
His method of delivering his strikes is very technical, just not in the classic sense, but calling him a brawler is much further from the truth than calling him technical.

Big Robbie fan here, he's very entertaining and gives all he got in the octagon... but let's be honest, he's probably the most beatable champion in the UFC right now :p

Of course not...he lost to Nick Diaz 12 years ago.

Fighters NEVER improve.

His method of delivering his strikes is very technical, just not in the classic sense, but calling him a brawler is much further from the truth than calling him technical.

He is technical.

Not only does he have good straight punches, he also has good, clean uppercutsl. His push kicks and back kicks are effective as well.

He is not a brawler. The word you guys are looking for is "pressure fighter".

Conor probably has the least rounded game of any current champion. Maybe Holly.

Well its definitely the least proven. But Robbie maybe should have already lost twice plus was almost finished by Rory and Conor beat the second best fighter in the world so i didn't say him.

No doubt he has technique. That's not in dispute here. But he fights like a brawler more than a savant. He's alot like Chris Lytle in that regard. He's got very good boxing, but the way he likes to throw caution to the wind is the trademark of a brawler, not a technical striker.

I guess the distinction that has to be made here is that we're discussing his preferred style of fighting, rather than the skills he's got, much like Chris Lytle.

I think the point is that you'll never see Robbie quit in a fight. Round 5 Robbie is even scarier than Round 1 Robbie.

That said, he has technical holes in his hand that the right fighter could potentially exploit.

This is why I want to see him fight Conor.

Back