Is Robbie Lawler the best overall/striker in the history of the UFC's Welterweight?

What about knees, and kicks? That was never brought back into play with the latter career of GSP.
Then you haven't watched enough of his fights, and to be honest, it really seems like you are simply not willing to accept the fact that GSP was throwing kicks in a gi YEARS before he ever stepped on a wrestling mat.

Lots of GSP nuthuggery going on here... No doubt about that.

Then you haven't watched enough of his fights, and to be honest, it really seems like you are simply not willing to accept the fact that GSP was throwing kicks in a gi YEARS before he ever stepped on a wrestling mat.

No I have, and that's what the problem is.....

Cuz Robbie wasn't fighting smart like the way he did against Ellenberger. Remember the last Robbie fight?
Ellenberger is an AWFUL technical striker. That's not really saying much.

Ellenberger is an AWFUL technical striker. That's not really saying much.

He's never been outclassed and dominated like that... Not every Rory could've done what Robbie did... No way.

Robbie Lawler's performance in UFC 173 was overshadowed by TJ Dillishaw, and his fight with Ellenberger is not talked here enough, but he too outclassed and dominated his opponent that night. Even much better than what Macdonald did, and he was considered to be the next gen. of elite strikers.

His performance on Jake Ellenberger was masterful after watching the fight 4 times now. His foot work and lateral movement is just amazing. He's so fluid and technical but some how, he's able to strike with power in his fists, knees, and kicks so effortlessly...

Anyways, do you agree that the new and improved Robbie Lawler today, has the best overall striking in the UFC Welterweight Division's history? When you think about it now, it does make sense...

If not, who do you think is the best striker of all time in the UFC's Welterweight Division?

As good as all these fighters are I still don't think we have seen the best yet, but as far as right now the best that I see is Robbie Lawler. I think he is a monster, and I want to see the rematch with Hendricks. I am sure watching that Ellenburger fight scared him. I felt bad for Ellenburger because anyone fighting Lawler after that championship fight was going to get a beating.

No I have, and that's what the problem is.....
PlasticDisguisedAfricanparadiseflycatcher.gif

Superman punch to right low kick... can you honestly say that you've ever seen another mma fighter throw that exact combination?

As good as all these fighters are I still don't think we have seen the best yet, but as far as right now the best that I see is Robbie Lawler. I think he is a monster, and I want to see the rematch with Hendricks. I am sure watching that Ellenburger fight scared him. I felt bad for Ellenburger because anyone fighting Lawler after that championship fight was going to get a beating.

I can agree to that.

hendricks outstruck him with 1.5 arms.

Superman punch to right low kick... can you honestly say that you've ever seen another mma fighter throw that exact combination?

Wow, against Matt Serra, no Elite striker today would be able to do that.

was this before or after Serra knocked his ass out on queer street?

He's never been outclassed and dominated like that... Not every Rory could've done what Robbie did... No way.
Ok, and Lawler is definitely the best striker Ellenberger has ever fought with the exception of Condit so obviously Lawler is going to look like a freaking god on the feet against him.

If by best striker you mean the ground game is totally excluded and a stand up fight with the four once gloves is the competition, then obviously gsp IS NOT the best. His stand up game is considered great because he mixes up his takedowns amongst it. He has basically zero ko power, and guys like robbie, condit, alves etc would decimate him in a purely stand up battle. In fact, i dont think he would be top 10 under those rules.

In answer to TS's question whether robbie is the best, i think he may just be. His performance against ellenberger was incredible.

Wow, against Matt Serra, no Elite striker today would be able to do that.
There are numerous other impressive .gifs that I could post, but it doesn't matter if you're not actually willing to consider the other side of the argument...

Lol the Lawler hype train is runnin' wild!

Absolutely wild. Mind you, the OP suggests Rory Mac was 'the next gen or elite striker', which is also MADNESS!

Look, Lawler is very good. He has displayed some great defence as well as attack recently. No doubt he is one of the best guys going around right now, but nowhere near the best ever.

Back