Is Robbie Lawler still an old school?

Only difference between old school and new school is new school fighters win more fights via stall tactics.

Look at GSP, Bendo, Cruz's records. "champion" level fighters sometimes just means your last 8 fights were decisions.

He was fighting when I first started watching and back then ken shamrock was still relevant so he's an old school

oldschool never die.

But seriously, it would break my heart and shatter my hopes if it turned out he's been on TRT this whole time.

I think hes still old school all the way, still sprawling & brawling, his improved tdd and sub defense is the reason for his most recent run of success, but he still has the same brawling style that hes always has.

He was fighting when I first started watching and back then ken shamrock was still relevant so he's an old school

UFC 40 great card with both. Hughes and Liddell too.Newtons Kimura was sick

Side note,

That "jab" that Nick knocked Lawler down/out with was actually a hook.

That is all.

New breed means good at everything like a Fedor.

New breed also refers to the (supposed) higher-caliber "athletes" which MMA has attracted after the sport's boom.

So, it's not just referring to being well-rounded.

11avneq.jpg

He is old school but evolved to compete with the new generation. I would like to add that he's doing a damn good job as well.

He is a young lion.

Hahaha I feel like this is a legitimately good answer. Like Vitor, he's one of the old school veteran guys in experience and in mindset but he's recently made a resurgence and caught up with the times to become a truly well-rounded fighter.

oldschool never die.

But seriously, it would break my heart and shatter my hopes if it turned out he's been on TRT this whole time.

I'd think he has naturally-high testosterone levels by the way he fights from way back all the way to now. Dude is a natural beast.

New breed also refers to the (supposed) higher-caliber "athletes" which MMA has attracted after the sport's boom.

So, it's not just referring to being well-rounded.

11avneq.jpg

I always got the impression that "new breed" was being used to describe fighters learning MMA as a sport rather than coming from a particular background. I don't like the whole new breed thing but it seemed like it got popular with Rogan referring to MacDonald as new breed.

I hear he doesn't spar much.. dude's got it figured out since he looks even better now than ever and he's been fighting for a fuck long time!

I always got the impression that "new breed" was being used to describe fighters learning MMA as a sport rather than coming from a particular background. I don't like the whole new breed thing but it seemed like it got popular with Rogan referring to MacDonald as new breed.

It is that, but the "athlete" thing is part of it too.

he is like Ken Kesey, too young to be a beatnik and too old to be a hippie.

His fighting philosophy is still of the old school with the only difference being that his abilities are much sharper and his experience gives him an edge.

Back