Is Reyes the first opponent Jon Jones has fought that is taller than him?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just saw a clip of the faceoff and Reyes appeared noticeably taller than Jones. Since Reyes is a striker if he has a height and reach advantage and uses it properly it could change the outcome of the fight. If I'm correct almost all of Jones's opponents have been shorter and had a reach disadvantage against him. This could be a different fight. Also, Jones didn't look great in his last fight.

Last edited:
Yes. He’s still going to get smoked though. Jon has GOAT fight IQ and will be able to deal with anything Dominic has. He’s faced and beaten better guys

I think Gus and Vera are both taller than Jon.

I didn't think he was taller? Smart shoes vs flat looking trainers and longer hair for Reyes.

Reyes does not have a height or reach advantage over jones. Lol. He’s all torso too.

Gus was 6'5" I think. But....yes it's unusual for Jones not to be taller.
Me no think he likes dis.

Does reyes have a reach advantage? His arms looked much shorter than Jon's in the faceoff.

Jones still has the reach advantage and most important he actually uses it.

Gus and Reyes both are just a tad taller then Jones but both have shorter arms.

Jones still has the reach advantage and most important he actually uses it.

Gus and Reyes both are just a tad taller then Jones but both have shorter arms.

prime gus vs prime jones was Epic as fuck

Reyes might be an inch taller than him but Jones has a longer reach by at least 6 inches. Don't know about the leg reach.

Jones is going to "keep him at distance". Some oblique kicks and maybe some eyepokes. Spinning bodykicks, headkicks, etc

Does reyes have a reach advantage? His arms looked much shorter than Jon's in the faceoff.

I think Jones is around 84'5 and Reyes 77'

Now this is the UFC doing the 'stats' so reality can be different in plus or minus but just visually you easily see Reyes with the shorter arms for his long build.

I just want Reyes to win, but I don’t expect it.

There is very little on the card that excites me, tbh.

prime gus vs prime jones was Epic as fuck

That it was.. maybe the best UFC LHW fight we ever had.

Both guys young and hungry and strong mentality neither quit and they went to war for 5 rounds it was special.

Reyes might be an inch taller than him but Jones has a longer reach by at least 6 inches. Don't know about the leg reach.

Jones is going to "keep him at distance". Some oblique kicks and maybe some eyepokes. Spinning bodykicks, headkicks, etc

I think we’re gonna see eyepokes this time for sure.

Reyes does not have a height or reach advantage over jones. Lol. He’s all torso too.

yup. here he is next to Weedman (reach 78" actually an inch longer than Reyes). The arms and even the legs look to be about the same length... Reyes just has a weird build with a long torso and neck.

dominick-reyes-chris-weidman-ufc-on-espn-6-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

Yes he looked a bit taller.People are always fascinated by Jones arm reach.But his boxing is shit.For poking in the eyes it’s great tho lol And his elbows have a longer reach than all the other fighters in the division of course.He said himself he is kicker.Kicking they have about the same reach.

I think Reyes will surprise a lot of people here. He has that deceptively sneaky left straight he throws with great timing when his opponents least expects it. If he can catch Jones, I think he can stagger him and get him in trouble.

The other thing is how will Reyes react when he's put on his back. We haven't really seen him operate under those circumstances and how well his TDDs are. I do think Reyes has all the tools to beat Jon Jones though.

He's not taller. Jones has never fought anyone taller, same height at best. Gus is not 6'5 either, barely even 6'4. Actually Gus said himself he was 6'3 in a sit down interview with Jones before their first fight. And they still have Gus at 6'5 with a 79 reach, even though in a countdown video they showed his reach measured a bit over 81. Ah well

Back