Is Reyes being compared to Gustafsson?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Did you hear or dream about the comparison between Reyes & Gustafsson?

I could've sworn I heard Reyes on TV compare himself to Gustafsson, claiming he has the same height & reach to give Jones problems.
And he thinks he's the better version of the Swedish.

Did you hear this anywhere?

We will find out saturday if he is or isnt. I liked how he looked in his highlights but everyone looks good in their highlights. I think he lost to Volkan though.

I’ve yet to hear or see any comparisons to Gus.

I could've sworn I heard Reyes on TV compare himself to Gustafsson, claiming he has the same height & reach to give Jones problems.

they are just completely different. Gustaffson relied his game on boxing combinations with very light footwork for LHW, reyes uses way more his kicks and he doesnt throw as much as combos as gustaffson.

Gustafsson gave Jones problems?

Anyone remember the Chael fight? I know Jones haters love to forget this but Jones snapped and dislocated his big toe 6 months before Gus 1 fight. He was lucky to be walking normally, let alone fighting.

Both of his feet were working for the 2nd Gus fight tho....

Reyes definitely has the size. Gus is a little more polished in the stand up but Reyes is a better athlete

Anyone remember the Chael fight? I know Jones haters love to forget this but Jones snapped and dislocated his big toe 6 months before Gus 1 fight. He was lucky to be walking normally, let alone fighting.

And Gus was on one leg in the rematch 40 seconds in to the first round.

Stfu you nuthugging trash.

Until Jones loses convincingly people will keep bringing up the first Gus fight example as the template cause that’s the first time we time we saw Jones get beaten up bad. Jones though had the heart to comeback and win that fight still.

Ive thought to my self “reyes is tall like gus”.

Gus has way better boxing, and don't forget he took Jones down for the first time in his career. Reyes is nowhere near prime Gus just yet.

I think Reyes is saying this because he knows that Gus 1 was the toughest fight of Jones' career, and he wants to emulate it. He should also know that the judges will never give you a decision against Jones.

Not much of a comparison considering Gus was overrated. The only reason he was ranked 4 was because Jones, DC, and Rumble all beat him. His only top win was against an old Glover which took 5 rounds to win.

Reyes is a southpaw, a better counter-puncher, & a better kicker. He also has better lateral movement defensively.

Gust if more of an out-fighter, orthodox, less powerful striker, who either moves straight back in a line or turns his back to run.

The keys for Reyes are to stay off the cage & make Jones pay for trying to enter the clinch. Also needs to avoid the eyepokes of Jones which are among the best we've ever seen.

Agreed Jones put that to rest the second fight

What kind of excuse is that? Of course his toe was completely healed almost half a year later. A grade 3 break takes about 2 months to heal and return to sports. Not even Jones used that as an excuse.

Does this look like Jones had no problem with Gus?
iu

Until Jones loses convincingly people will keep bringing up the first Gus fight example as the template cause that’s the first time we time we saw Jones get beaten up bad. Jones though had the heart to comeback and win that fight still.
heart to make a comeback???? thats what the roids do. attribute that win to the juice.

Reyes should be compared to prime Johny Hendricks with his movement & ability to close the distance and a southpaw with a heavy left

predict Reyes pulls a Hendricks v Kampman & kos Jones in the first

Jones gets immediate rematch dominates and wins by Americana in the 3rd

What kind of excuse is that? Of course his toe was completely healed almost half a year later. A grade 3 break takes about 2 months to heal and return to sports. Not even Jones used that as an excuse.

Does this look like Jones had no problem with Gus?
iu

A person can fully heal from this in 6 months? Having their enter of balnce completely destroyed?
hqdefault.jpg

If so, how do you account for the differnce between Gus 1 and Gus 2 fights?

Back