Is RDA the by far the best lightweight ever?

If he beats mcnugget, el cucuy, and a kabob rematch,
he should move to WW, imo

Maybe if he moves up in weight to beat the WW champ, then takes Lyoto to a decision.

He finished Cerrone and Hendo in less than a round combined and made Pettis look unimpressive both standing and on the group. Of course I don't mean that he is the most accomplished but would he be the favorite against any fighter in LW history?
BJ Penn

In terms of an entire skillset, yeah probably? idk who comes close. Maybe benson.
In terms of h2h, Khabib already beat him and while it wasn't easy, he very well could again.
In terms of resume, nah.

Can't say that until he rematches Khabib. If he does beat him then you can make the argument that he is the best, simply because the level of competition in the UFC has increased over time, so being a champ right now means a lot more than being a champ in say 2000 or 2005.

He doesn't get enough credit, but he could be. If he beats Conor that would be insane. Then if he wins against the winner of Khabib/Ferguson he'll tie the 3 title defenses of BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, and Benaon Henderson. The LW GOAT is between those 3. If he defends it again, he'll have 4 defenses against some of the toughest competition ever. Then he would undeniably be the LW GOAT. Big IF, but he could do it. We'll see.

I believe that RDA would crush BJ penn and Frankie Edgar in their primes.

But with that said, that does not mean that his legacy is greater, he is literally just getting started.

BJ Penn is still LW GOAT imo.

He doesn't get enough credit, but he could be. If he beats Conor that would be insane. Then if he wins against the winner of Khabib/Ferguson he'll tie the 3 title defenses of BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar, and Benaon Henderson. The LW GOAT is between those 3. If he defends it again, he'll have 4 defenses against some of the toughest competition ever. Then he would undeniably be the LW GOAT. Big IF, but he could do it. We'll see.

BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar aren't even top 5 resume wise fam.

lol @ guys saying Struve and Kos. Fulton by far.

BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar aren't even top 5 resume wise fam.
Then who are your top 5? Most people would consider the LW GOAT to be a UFC fighter that went on a title run. Penn, Edgar, and Bendo have the most defenses so usually people pick one of them.

FFS.

The LW title gets passed around like a blunt, and this sort of talk happens every time it changes hands.

But the fw belt changes hands once after fucking ages and the guy that won it is suddenly/ magically the best thing ever.

I know which gets talked about more and therefore annoys me more.

Then who are your top 5? Most people would consider the LW GOAT to be a UFC fighter that went on a title run. Penn, Edgar, and Bendo have the most defenses so usually people pick one of them.

Ben Henderson is the best UFC LW so far, his run to the belt was solid, his run with the belt was incredible.

My top 5, in no particular order, is Aoki, Melendez, Gomi, Alvarez and Benson. All of whom have tremendous resumes. You could argue for BJ Penn or Edgar until Alvarez beat Pettis, and his resume became too good to ignore.

Penn is a significant fighter all time for bringing prominence to the LW division, beating prime matt hughes and being willing to fight at any weight, but his career as a LW is impressive performance wise, unimpressive resume wise. His best win is Kenny Florian.

Ben Henderson is the best UFC LW so far, his run to the belt was solid, his run with the belt was incredible.

My top 5, in no particular order, is Aoki, Melendez, Gomi, Alvarez and Benson. All of whom have tremendous resumes. You could argue for BJ Penn or Edgar until Alvarez beat Pettis, and his resume became too good to ignore.

Penn is a significant fighter all time for bringing prominence to the LW division, beating prime matt hughes and being willing to fight at any weight, but his career as a LW is impressive performance wise, unimpressive resume wise. His best win is Kenny Florian.
I actually completely agree with you. My vote would go to Bendo for being the best LW so far.

All great fighters. I'm not even the biggest fan of Penn or Edgar, but most people argue for them in terms of best LW ever so I mentioned them as well.

Again I agree. His run was weak when based on competition, but very good when based on performance. He lost to most of the top fighters he faced that had any longevity.

This is why I think RDA is in prime position to make a case for himself as the undisputed LW GOAT. So we'll see what happens.

Back