Is RDA the by far the best lightweight ever?

but Khabib beat him and made it look easy :/

we have to pretend that never happened ? or pretend that was even a competitive match ? because Khabib just outclassed him badly

No, RDA is not the by far the best lightweight ever.

He looks to be a monster right now, and his current streak is amazing.

By far??? You realize he has mutliple losses in the UFC right? he is 14-4 in UFC fights. A very respectable record but the guy has lost to some less than elite fighters. He needs a few more title defenses before we start with that nonsense. The guy has 1 title defense...1.

RDA would merc Penn, khabib beat em and I think Frankie has a chance so no not yet but if he can get past khabib if and if he can actually make it to the ring and get past Tony Ferguson than yea he'd have a strong case but only at that point

I wouldn't say "by far". These two were pretty good..

images
Rda would beat both of them regardless if the sport has evolved

You mean what Rogan said? Who knows. Such a dramatic statement. But ever? By far?

Knocked dead by Jeremy Stephens and ragdolled by Khabib for 3 straight rounds = no, and stfu.

So are we just supposed to pretend this didn't happen?
cGMmJyB.gif

He's great and I'm a fan but let the guy rack up a few defenses before we get ahead of ourselves.

I honestly have to watch this fight again.... at the time I didn't appreciate it, but after RDA's complete domination of Hendo, Cowboy and Pettis, this looks SUPER impressive.

Eh, BJ was fucking awesome pre Frankie fights. And I think Khabib ragdolls him again.

Lol at anyone taking this question even close to seriously.

I honestly have to watch this fight again.... at the time I didn't appreciate it, but after RDA's complete domination of Hendo, Cowboy and Pettis, this looks SUPER impressive.
I don't think RDA was the fighter he is today but having rewatched it not too long ago it truly was an impressive performance by Khabib.

Honestly it was a silly thing to say even then.

You can't blame people for getting behind the Pettis train. Consecutive finishes over top 5 guys is pretty convincing considering who did have it in Benson 'Split Decision' Henderson and those crazy wars Gray and Frankie had, a dominant killer instinct LW champ like Penn hadn't been around for the years in between Pettis and Penn title reigns.

From my POV the lightweight division is a history of underachievers.

Back