Is Rashad Close To Retiring?

SuperBadAzz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Rashad seems like a smart guy & I think he sees that the chances of him competing for a title again, let alone winning one, are very slim. He's a guy that is very comfortable in front of the camera & his insight is very good. He can definitely make a career of it the way others before him have. Do you see him going the way of Florian, or trying to make a comeback like Cruz? I think after 1 more, he'll call it quits.

He'll fight until he loses I think.

Does he own a stake in the Blackzilians?

One can only hope, he pulls out more than John Holmes

Yeah I don't think his heart is really in it. Win or Lose to Glover I think it'll be his last fight. He has a nice gig commentating.

Another one of jones's great wins :rolleyes:

I would say yes and the Rashad/Glover fight is a crossroads fight to me. The loser is completely out of the picture at 205 imo while the winner is just barely in the picture. I don't see either of em beating Jones, Gus, Cormier or Rumble while Davis just beat Glover pretty easily and a rematch between Rashad and Davis is 50/50 to me at the moment.

At 205 I dont think he can become Champ as long as bones is there but he can sure make alot of money fighting if he wants to. I dont think he retire.

Shame that Rashad's injuries have caused him to miss some big fights, including a title shot against Shogun. Jones moving up to HWT might convince Rashad to stick around at LHW.

Nah man...he's gonna fight for another 3 years. He's still still top 5 LHW these days and all could change this Saturday for him if Cormier wins.

Listening to Chael Sonnens podcast it sound like once he gets back from this injury he will go till he gets injured again and retire

He's a million times better in front of the camera than Cormier.

He's definitely one day closer to retirement today than he was yesterday. Bump this when he retires.

Yeah I don't think his heart is really in it. Win or Lose to Glover I think it'll be his last fight. He has a nice gig commentating.

Last fight... Did you seriously think about that statement before posting it? Who has he been getting demolished by?

Nah, he is probably making good money just to fight and I like watching him fight. He does not have a boring style and is a pretty decent draw. He will stick around for awhile.

Back