IS Premier Fighter clothing owned by TAPOUT??

Solid38

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Recently talked to some friends in the Industry and they told me Premier Fighter clothing was owned by TAP OUT. He said Tap OUT started that with some partners so they can try to dominate the whole mma apparel industry. My friend said that Tap Out knows that there are a lot of mma practicioners dont like wearing Tap Put anymore because it got TOO MAINSTREAM so they started Premier Fighter. He also said Tap Out was making too much money so they need to start a new business under a different name so they can claim the loss for Tax Purposes for this new clothing line.

I personally was arguing that this could not be true BUT after talking to him more and him telling me all these valid reasons.... I would have to say TAP OUT is pretty smart if they really did do that. Maybe thats how Premier Fighter came out so strong with their launch with all these expensive UFC advertising and Fighter sponsorships.

Anyone know if this has any truth in this?

hmmm interesting.
Could be true. I mean Sprawl has CageWalk.
So why not?

the whole "they were making too much money" thing sounds fishy to me

the whole "they were making too much money" thing sounds fishy to me

He also said Tap Out was making too much money so they need to start a new business under a different name so they can claim the loss for Tax Purposes for this new clothing line.

Why did you bother to continue listening after your friend told you a company was tired of making money?

TapouT DOES NOT "own" Premier Fighter...

HOWEVER...they are taking them "under their wing"...ie, they are helping them to promote AND most importantly, distribute their brand...

Premier Fighter was not started by TapouT, but was existing when TapouT decided to take them in...the marketing and promotion that is referred to by the person whom started this post...well, that was done before TapouT had anything to do with Premier Fighter...

Thus, you can see how TapouT has already helped Premier Fighter with their distribution...the first thing that you see on Premier Fighter's website is that their new product is "now available @ over 200 Champs Sports locations nationwide"...

JM

Why did you bother to continue listening after your friend told you a company was tired of making money?

He didn't say TIRED of making money, he said they were making too much money. Large corporations do the all the time. The parent company will buy smaller companies - lose a little money on the front end for the year bringing it up in hopes that the next year it will sustain itself and bring profits... then do it again. It's a cycle done for future profits and immediate anti-taxing so to speak. It's the same reason that businesses do charities and donations... nothing more than a write off for the year.

I don't know if this story is true or not... but the validity is there. I never thought TapouT was THAT great, but I understand them venturing into retail chains and trying to catch the instant gratification customer. They might be going just a bit overboard with it though. But hey, ever mallrat in America will have an option to buy TapouT gear! Now 8th graders can look tough...

Full Contact Outlet

I don't know if this story is true or not... but the validity is there. I never thought TapouT was THAT great, but I understand them venturing into retail chains and trying to catch the instant gratification customer. They might be going just a bit overboard with it though. But hey, ever mallrat in America will have an option to buy TapouT gear! Now 8th graders can look tough...

Full Contact Outlet

See my reply above yours for the facts of the story...

JM

Recently talked to some friends in the Industry and they told me Premier Fighter clothing was owned by TAP OUT. He said Tap OUT started that with some partners so they can try to dominate the whole mma apparel industry. My friend said that Tap Out knows that there are a lot of mma practicioners dont like wearing Tap Put anymore because it got TOO MAINSTREAM so they started Premier Fighter. He also said Tap Out was making too much money so they need to start a new business under a different name so they can claim the loss for Tax Purposes for this new clothing line.

I personally was arguing that this could not be true BUT after talking to him more and him telling me all these valid reasons.... I would have to say TAP OUT is pretty smart if they really did do that. Maybe thats how Premier Fighter came out so strong with their launch with all these expensive UFC advertising and Fighter sponsorships.

Anyone know if this has any truth in this?

Tapout owns Premier Fighter and another brand as well.

Tapout owns Premier Fighter and another brand as well.

Not exactly...

Premier Fighter and Hitman Fight Gear are being distributed, marketed, etc in CONJUNCTION with TapouT...

They are under the TapouT umbrella, but not "owned by"

JM

So basicly... The owners of Premier Fighter and Hitman Fight Gear either gave the owners of Tap Out some stock or shares of their company OR Tap Out gets percentage of all the sales that comes in...

Damn...Tap Out is taking over the MMA apparel industry and making money off the mma fans
EVEN when you DONT buy TAP OUT!!

i dont buy tapout i wont wear it i dont wear ufc brand clothes either. I won't wear priemeier fighter either since i am not a premier fighter

Not exactly...

Premier Fighter and Hitman Fight Gear are being distributed, marketed, etc in CONJUNCTION with TapouT...

They are under the TapouT umbrella, but not "owned by"

JM

JM everything you are saying is dead on. Who are you? :icon_chee

could be possible but the money thing is kinda fishy

Sprawl has Cage Walk??? Thats new to me too!

well I have ordered from CageWalk a few time and the "shipping" is always SPRAWL.
So its their company for sure. Good gear but it takes a hellatime to get it shipped here.
Every time I have to send an email and ask when the gear is coming.
But good stuff and very good price. I want their rashguards. Very cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back