Is Porier still the dark horse at LW?

Name one fight he's shown great TDD in. I'll wait.

I would ask you to name a fight where he had any issues with wrestlers but he basically never fights wrestlers. Best one he has fought is Eddie and he beat him in the last fight and should have won the first fight where Eddie cheated while Dustin was winning.

I would ask you to name a fight where he had any issues with wrestlers but he basically never fights wrestlers. Best one he has fought is Eddie and he beat him in the last fight and should have won the first fight where Eddie cheated while Dustin was winning.

lol exactly. You've got nothing. Both Eddie and KZ outgrappled him, neither of whom are anywhere near Khabib's level of wrestling. With no evidence to the contrary, why on earth do you think he would pose a threat to Khabib? I like Poirier, but he would be just one more in the win column for Khabib.

Poirier currently holds the title of most violent fighter that he took from Eddie. That's the only title he should be concerned with. Lets see him defend it against Nate. Or Tony if Tony doesn't get the title fight.

Tony Ferguson is the only guy I think that stands a chance (provided someone doesn't ko him cold, which is always a risk for any fighter).

Ferguson Is so unorthodox and he never tires. I think Khabib will beat him, but I envision a late rally by Ferguson and many debating the result, similar to Conor v Nate 2.

I am a huge Khabib fan, but nobody is unbeatable in Mixed Martial Arts. One slip and and anybody can be stopped either by knock out or submission.

Even though I am a huge boxing fan, the unpredictability of MMA surpasses it for sure.

lol exactly. You've got nothing. Both Eddie and KZ outgrappled him, neither of whom are anywhere near Khabib's level of wrestling. With no evidence to the contrary, why on earth do you think he would pose a threat to Khabib? I like Poirier, but he would be just one more in the win column for Khabib.

Poirier currently holds the title of most violent fighter that he took from Eddie. That's the only title he should be concerned with. Lets see him defend it against Nate. Or Tony if Tony doesn't get the title fight.

So your evidence is against a fighter Dustin finished? Yeah ok.

KZ was a long time ago to where it's hardly even relevant to bring up. May as well pick KZ to beat him now right?

I was responding to your comment on Eddie. I never made any claim about how well Dustin would do against Khabib.

So your evidence is against a fighter Dustin finished? Yeah ok.

KZ was a long time ago to where it's hardly even relevant to bring up. May as well pick KZ to beat him now right?

I was responding to your comment on Eddie. I never made any claim about how well Dustin would do against Khabib.

Poirier got mounted by Eddie. Conor dominated Eddie effortlessly. Khabib dominated Conor. I don't usually like mmamath, but there is nothing to suggest Poirier poses some unique threat to Khabib. Nothing in his past performances and nothing in his current performances. He ain't the dark horse of any division. And if you didn't want to discuss Khabib you shouldn't have replied to me in the first place since I was responding to the TS claiming Poirier poses a threat to Khabib.

Out with some undisclosed injury is fishy here.

Hope he didn't get flag for a failed test.

He said it's his hip and that he's getting it looked at from multiple doctors

no one can stop khabibs takedowns

its a matter of being able to survive his pace and initial takedowns and GNP. if you can survive that and get him tired you can beat him on the feet in the championship rounds and even thats hard because of the takedown threat.

you need 4 major things: the ability to survive GNP and submissions, insane cardio, good enough takedown defense, and good boxing

someone like GSP is the only one who can beat Khabib
Askren and GSP will make Khabib look silly. Tony has a chance but it will be extremely competitive match.

He’s out with an injury that very much sounds like the kind if thing that can wait til after a fight. If he never accepted a fight then fair enough put things on hold and get it fixed but you signed the contract, man up and avoid the things that trigger it until after the fight.
Next the fact that despite getting whooped by Conor he has never once called him out for that rematch. Surely a fighter who is supposedly getting near title contention this would be a major goal?
In short no he’s not. When he gets near the big fights he crumbles or backs out. Like Nate said, he ain’t about that life.

Dustin is a weird fighter, he's winning fights by disqualifications, then pulling out

Poirier got mounted by Eddie. Conor dominated Eddie effortlessly. Khabib dominated Conor. I don't usually like mmamath, but there is nothing to suggest Poirier poses some unique threat to Khabib. Nothing in his past performances and nothing in his current performances. He ain't the dark horse of any division. And if you didn't want to discuss Khabib you shouldn't have replied to me in the first place since I was responding to the TS claiming Poirier poses a threat to Khabib.

My response had nothing to do with Khabib. Not sure why it's a problem if someone comments on something else that you say in regards to a different fight or fighter. I was defending Poirier but I wasn't making a huge claim about how well he would do.

Back