Is Porier still the dark horse at LW?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Can he stop Khabibs early takedowns? No... Does he have much better cardio than Conor yes?

Does he have a shot at stopping Khabib in the later rounds? IMO yes. Better shot than Mcgasser

Out with some undisclosed injury is fishy here.

Hope he didn't get flag for a failed test.

no one can stop khabibs takedowns

its a matter of being able to survive his pace and initial takedowns and GNP. if you can survive that and get him tired you can beat him on the feet in the championship rounds and even thats hard because of the takedown threat.

you need 4 major things: the ability to survive GNP and submissions, insane cardio, good enough takedown defense, and good boxing

someone like GSP is the only one who can beat Khabib

He said it was his hip and that t's been a long term issue that's progressively gotten worse.

I think he's more likely to be the horse headed to the glue factory.

He got mounted by Eddie in his last fight. Why do people think his takedown defense is anything special?

No, he is a very good fighter, top 5 worthy, but he has no chance of ever being champion.

Well, i wouldnt bet on a horse with an injured hip.

<6>

I don't see what Poirier brings that Khabib hasn't already ran through. Tony and Gillespie are the only ones who can pose Khabib problems at 155, and I'd still favour him.

I feel that he's waiting for Conor to use the recent loss to do a re-do with him now that Dustin's own stock is on the rise and Conor may feel it's a safe fight because Conor as already beaten him @FW. So he drops out of the Diaz fight in hopes of baiting Conor into a fight...

Khabib is a horrendous matchup for Poirier..

He honestly should have been fighting for the title. Either him or Tony.

But I think the UFC purposely squeezed him out of the picture by swindling him into fighting Diaz. It's a match up I truly think they knew was going to fall apart one way or another. Now he's going to have 4-5 guys in front of him. It's ridiculous.

He would beat Diaz, I see him really struggling with most of the top 10 or 5

He wasn't making it pass Diaz imo but will probably get his shot after Tony if Conor doesn't come back.

He might be unfortunately his fight getting canceled only pushed him further down the list of contenders: Tony, GSP, Lee, Conor, the winner of Ortega/max, are all going to be talked about more than him now.

he never touches the title but is game as fuck and will have many exciting fights.

He got mounted by Eddie in his last fight. Why do people think his takedown defense is anything special?

Just shows how great Khabib is

Whenever you have these great fighters at the top of their games, everyone makes up reasons why the people they haven't faced yet would be a nightmare match up for them

Just shows how great Khabib is

Whenever you have these great fighters at the top of their games, everyone makes up reasons why the people they haven't faced yet would be a nightmare match up for them
the only khabib fight i have interest in is ferguson. ferguson will keep moving forward, will be a devil on bottom and has knives in his elbows.

Back