Is Phil Davis the most under rated fighter in the UFC? Davis > Sonnen/Hendo/Gus imo

Phil Davis will beat Jones if he fought him now. Phil Davis is a bad matchup for Jones. Hes stronger than Jones, wrestles better than Jones and Jones's elbow strikes wont be effective because his reach advantage is not that much against Phil Davis. And Gus would get destroyed by Davis again if they were to fight again. Why do you think Gus decided to train with Davis.

Phil Davis will beat Jones if he fought him now. Phil Davis is a bad matchup for Jones. Hes stronger than Jones, wrestles better than Jones and Jones's elbow strikes wont be effective because his reach advantage is not that much against Phil Davis. And Gus would get destroyed by Davis again if they were to fight again. Why do you think Gus decided to train with Davis.

10/10 someone will bite

Maybe. But the only fighter with Sonnen's level of wrestling who Davis has fought is Rashad, and he didn't look great in that one.

Even if Davis does beat Sonnen in this hypothetical fight it doesn't change what I said; in terms of pure wrestling/takedowns Sonnen is at least Davis's equal, and I don't think Davis's striking is any better than Chael's either. I do think Davis is the better overall grappler because of his submission game, unlike Chael he is actually a legitimate threat to finish the fight on the mat, but he has to get Jones down first, and I just don't see that happening.

Davis would make quick work out of Sonnen. Davis is too big and strong for Sonnen

I thought he looked scared while being out struck by Rashad from what I remember

Jones would work him without breaking a sweat. I'll give Hendo a better chance of beating Jones.

He needs to control the action with his wrestling and stop getting lured into striking bouts. He has a lot to grow skill wise which is good for his age.

davis is good , but he is still green.

given time to ripen im sure he will be a contender.

not better than dan henderson though. The things dan has done in MMA are the stuff of legend. if your gonna compare young phils potential to dan then you need to do so using the enterity of his career, not just now. Cause when dan was first starting out he was better than phil is now.

I know phil is working hard and i have no doubt he will make noise in the UFC soon.

His striking is very rudimentary...If he could tighten up on his stand up, then maybe he has a shot against Jones

at least I have the balls to admit it.
You have the balls to admit, but the nuts to say crazy stuff. But don't fret, I've done it a plethora of times. I call it "being Fruity." I guess you can call it "being Friendly." :icon_chee
Who should Phil Davis fight next to prove his potential? I personally would love to see him fight the winner of Bader/Matyushenko.
That will probably be who Davis fights next, although personally, I wouldn't mind him being a replacement to fight Gus. Because quite frankly, Gus' current opponent is too small IMO.
I see your science fiction writing is improving... :cool:

:D the scary thing is... a lot of people also think this.

its like the narrative is so strong people just forget.

Most viewers (I did not say fans) will always like an exciting striker from Sweden over an American wrestler with mediocre striking. Davis won the battle but Gus is doing much better in his career.

Most viewers (I did not say fans) will always like an exciting striker from Sweden over an American wrestler with mediocre striking. Davis won the battle but Gus is doing much better in his career.
brocklesnar28_display_image.jpg

clearly.

i wonder if they cheered usa for gus when he fought davis. :D

Lesnar is a WWE personality which means WAY more people know who he is.

I wish would be able to see this match now but knowing Dana he'll wait until Davis is out of his prime to give him a shot

I think Rashad is just really underrated, and that's in turn why people underrate Davis now, for his loss to Rashad.

How complex the rating game is.

People have Gus ranked over him when he beat Gus. THE ONLY TIME MMA Math should be used, sherdogers can't even get it right. Dumb as shit.

Phil-Davis-003.jpg

And yes.

Some people think Gustafsson has improved more than Davis and is currently better.

Not that far fetched, since Gus only lost because he made a stupid mistake that he won't make again.

Also, Gustafssons recent wins > Davis' recent wins.

God forbid he fight someone with quality stand up... He can figure that stuff out, no problem, but he'll need better striking to contend with Jones.

And I think Hendo beats him, honestly. In fact, a Gus rematch would be interesting, imo

Some people think Gustafsson has improved more than Davis and is currently better.

Not that far fetched, since Gus only lost because he made a stupid mistake that he won't make again.

Also, Gustafssons recent wins > Davis' recent wins.

But that's only because Gus has been given more opportunities, he hasn't fought a wrestler like Davis since that fight so it's tough to see how much his grappling has really improved.

I like to watch Phil because of his nice submissions and wrestling, anaconda choke is one of my favorite and he done it two times already and that submission over Boetsch was also nice. I think he was thrown to Rashad too early, he was still way to green for Top 2 guy but like many of you said I want to see Phil works on his striking so in 2 or 3 years he can be a very dangerous contender. Now about fighting/winning over Jones he could pull it of but maybe with some crazy sub, not by striking even if he improves. Just imagining him gator roll Jones makes me wanna see that fight:D

Back