Is Phil Davis the best current UFC fighter to never have had a title shot?

For Someone who has been in the Ufc as long as he did yes

dude you're a hater. glover embarassed rampage and that's an impressive win. and he's on an 18 fight win streak. chill on this rankings nonsense.

Glover did not embarrass Rampage

He'll get one I hope. I think he's the other guy outside of the Jones, Gus and Glover triangle.

On paper yes, he is.

But everybody knows he clearly lost against Machida, and the lil-nog fight was a non-event, just a lot Davis running away on the feet and scoring a few takedowns that led to zero offense.

Not to mention is one official loss was a complete domination at his own game by rashad.

Glover is better, and I would also argue that Lil-Nog is now better and would beat Davis these days since he's worked on this TDD a ton since they last fought.

So you can count win over X fighter that was not a top 10 fighter then as a top 10 win?

Answer: No you cant, the fighters rank at the time he beat him should count, gus does not count as a top 10 win, machida.... ha!

Possibly but it's not like he hasn't had a shot at earning one though. He would have gotten a title shot if he had beaten Rashad but we saw how that went.

TJ Grant, but he keeps on getting injured when he gets the TS

Just curious, how did you score Shogun/Machida I?

49-46 Shogun. There was a couple rounds that could have gone either way though. Was a robbery but not as bad as it is made out to be.

Possibly but it's not like he hasn't had a shot at earning one though. He would have gotten a title shot if he had beaten Rashad but we saw how that went.

I welcome challenging match making, so ive got no qualms about Davis being matched with Rashad. But Gus got old knees Shogun and Glover got Bader. Bader. :icon_lol:

Machida and Davis get matched up...and Davis still gets boyed up, even after the UD.

I got nothing against Lyoto, and frankly whoever edged that fight was the real #1 for me.

I call shennanigans.

Back