Is pet food a scam?

I feed my cat fresh salmon and kobi beef, its expensive but soooo worth it. Nothing but the best for my lil Ted Dibiase. JK hes eating processed pellets for the rest of his short life.

My family's veterinarian has been practicing since the 70s. He claims that he rarely saw cases of cancer in dogs back then, but that dog cancer is now an epidemic that paralleled the rise of mass produced dog food. He swears against the stuff.

I feed my cat fresh salmon and kobi beef, its expensive but soooo worth it. Nothing but the best for my lil Ted Dibiase. JK hes eating processed pellets for the rest of his short life.

Wow, bro. You might as well rename him Virgil then.

We actually don't. "Processed" is a meaningless term as far as nutrition goes. Its just a buzz word for quack nutritionists. Unless they can tell you what is happening to the food and why it is a bad thing they are full of shit.

This makes no sense. We know exactly what processing is. Cereal is processed grains with their fibre removed so they have a huge impact on your insulin that they wouldn't even have in bread form.

A couple of odd replies on this thread.

Whenever I feed a dog human food, people will say don't it will give the dog the shits :icon_sad:

mine eat raw chicken leg quarters. even the corgi crunches on a drumstick.

Give them some yogurt, sardines (preserved in water), egg (with shell), organ meats (every so often), and pureed pumpkin in moderation as well.

All of that stuff is really cheap and the chicken leg quarters range form .89c to a dollar a pound. As the staple of their diet, it's pretty cheap.

This makes no sense. We know exactly what processing is. Cereal is processed grains with their fibre removed so they have a huge impact on your insulin that they wouldn't even have in bread form.

A couple of odd replies on this thread.

You realize bread is processed food, right?

Some experts actually advocate feeding your dogs nothing but meat -- no veggies or fruit. There are a few ways to do the raw diet thing. The funny thing is that the FDA says it isn't safe, their reasoning being that the diet can be screwed up by the owner and they'll give them bad meat, or that a bone could potentially cause the dog to choke. These minor and avoidable issues actually cause the FDA to openly profess the raw diet as unsafe. What a joke.

You realize bread is processed food, right?

You realize some foods are more processed and less healthy than others, right? Or can you only comprehend binary situations? I can't wait to hear your useless thoughts on all kinds of things.

You realize some foods are more processed and less healthy than others, right? Or can you only comprehend binary situations? I can't wait to hear your useless thoughts on all kinds of things.

That's ironic because you're the one comprehending things in a binary fashion here. Processed does not equal less healthy. Unprocessed does not equal healthy.

The point is you should be judging foods on the basis of their nutritional content, not whether they are processed or not.

That's ironic because you're the one comprehending things in a binary fashion here. Processed does not equal less healthy. Unprocessed does not equal healthy.

The point is you should be judging foods on the basis of their nutritional content, not whether they are processed or not.

The nature and amount of processing influences the nutritional content of the final product, Dr. Genius. That's why stone ground whole wheat bread is superior to white bread which is superior to cereal. Maybe you could go back and get a refund for your PHDerp in nutrition.

The nature and amount of processing influences the nutritional content of the final product, Dr. Genius. That's why stone ground whole wheat bread is superior to white bread which is superior to cereal. Maybe you could go back and get a refund for your PHDerp in nutrition.

Is this supposed to be a counter argument? You're making my point for me.

Seriously, go back and read my posts. You lack reading comprehension.

It's one of the biggest scams out there. People are conned into buying very expensive "health foods" for dogs and cats.

fuck "health" food. dogs get fed from a 50lb bag.

blue%20ridge%20feed%20006.jpg

But the lady on the TV commercial said that gluten was bad for my dog!!!! I've got to by the expensive stuff or she'll get sick!!!

Back