Is PEDs the only thing keeping Jones from GOAT?

He also wont fight at HW and while its not in the cage GOATs dont normally crash into pregnant women and flee the scene.
Jones is 225 with chicken legs, he is not a Heavyweight.

You act like Jones knew a pregnant woman was in the car and purposely targeted a pregnant woman in a car. Go cry to momma.

Jones is 225 with chicken legs, he is not a Heavyweight.

You act like Jones knew a pregnant woman was in the car and purposely targeted a pregnant woman in a car. Go cry to momma.
You right im sorry let me rephrase it. They dont normally crash into any person and flee the scene.

Are there any other arguments why Jones isn't the GOAT outside of PEDs?

He has destroyed:

DC x2
Machida
Shogun
Rampage
Gus x2
Bader
Sonnen
Vitor
Glover
Rashad

He has no legit losses either. Every other GOAT candidate has numerous undeniable losses.

The only other thing I can think of is he has never moved up. Anderson did, DC did, even GSP did. Fedor couldn't.
Nope, that is it. I will forgive one failed test, but several, and then to continuously have the substance in his system is too far. You can be a GOAT in the Cage and a miserable failure of a human being outside of it. That is where he would be. The eyepokes suck, but until the refs do something about it, they are fair game.

TLDR version. No, only steroid use is holding him back.

He's the LHW GOAT. That's all he'll ever be unless he moves up to HW, cleans it out, and stays undefeated for 10 years

Most of his opponents were smaller and/or past prime. Other fighters have more impressive wins over more dangerous opponents.

He also eyepoked almost everybody.

He is not the GOAT but he is a great fighter. He is top 10 of all time. You just can't rank him above guys like Fedor, Anderson, Aldo, Nog, Werdum, and Hendo. So maybe Jones would be somewhere around 7 to 9 along with DC and GSP.

And sure, Jones beat DC but DC beat Barnett, Stipe, Bigfoot, Mir, Nelson, Rumble 2x. Jones might be able to beat a couple of those guys maybe, but he definitely doesn't go 7-0 versus those names like DC did.
Lmao no wonder why no one agrees with you. Literally, everything you said is more stupid than when your dad decided to not use a condom. Your shit ignorant opinion won't and don't change the fact that Jones and GSP are two of the most popular goat in MMA, More people think they're the goat than other contenders.And human punching bag like big nog is not even top 15 all time great worthy, and no one think he is other than few pride shills like you.
Jones, Gsp, Aldo, Anderson, Dj, Dc >>>>>> wild brawler fedor>>>>>>>>> punching bag big nog

Last edited:
Jones doesn't win fights where roids would come into play...he doesn't win fights with power and speed..he wins fights with his reach and height...and keeping his distance..and being able to mix his standup with his takedowns...none of that is steroid related..neither is submitted guys..that's all bjj skill...nothing jon does in the cage is influence by any roids...

This guy has no idea how PEDs work or why people take them.

This guy has no idea how PEDs work or why people take them.

I know exactly how "peds" work...I know first hand...they dont' increase reach or height, or make you a better wrestler...they improve speed and explosiveness and strength...jones' isn't known for any of those things...he's a strong wrestler, but he's always been a strong wrestler...from the moment he came to the ufc...and according to both usada and wada, jones is a clean fighter...

I know exactly how "peds" work...I know first hand...they dont' increase reach or height, or make you a better wrestler...they improve speed and explosiveness and strength...jones' isn't known for any of those things...he's a strong wrestler, but he's always been a strong wrestler...from the moment he came to the ufc...and according to both usada and wada, jones is a clean fighter...

The level of delusion is strong in this one...

What a stupid post. It's like saying is Lance Armstrong the greatest cyclist of all time if he didn't cheat? He got to where he got because he was cheating so he can never be great. Sorry it's just the truth. You can't cheat and be great. Cheating in combat sports is absolutely cowardly

Doing the same thing everyone else is doing doesn't diminish his GOATship. What's really shameful is other fighters shaming him for roids when basically every high level athlete in every sport is on them.
Even you know that's not true. Stop making excuses for these loser cowards

Don’t matter either way, Jones is overall GOAT. Only posters that dispute that are insecure fedor fanboys.

The level of delusion is strong in this one...

I know plenty of dudes that that juiced big time...but put them in a wrestling match, they'd get killed or even a boxing match...steroids do not make you a better fighter....ive been around quite along time and no more than the vast majority here...I understand the need to not want to accept that jones is the best and want to hang on this notion, that he's cheating...but yet he totally destroyed gus in his last fight...and was clean...according to both usada and wada....

My favorite fighter of all time is GSP, and I would argue for Jon Jones as the GOAT if it wasn't for the PEDs. Because what he did/des in the Octogon was/is simply incredible.

But since he's a cheater, fuck him.

GSP is the true GOAT.

Last edited:
I'd say so. If it weren't for the steroids, as well as all the out of the cage stuff that has kept him out of action, I'd consider him the GOAT over GSP. The guy is very skilled.

I think there are some ppl who will have him GOAT anyway, some who this is the only difference, and some (like myself) who wouldn't put him at the top even without drug tests for other reasons:

1. the in cage dirty stuff such as eye pokes and the kicks to the knee (which to some people arent a problem)

2. Not moving up. This wouldn't bother me if he wasnt much larger than most of his opponents, but also nowadays everyone is a 'champ champ' (literally the worst word ever i wanna die just for saying it)

3. I don't rate his strength of schedule as highly as others do. sure, in terms of name value he would be #1 here, but there are several guys who fought at middleweight, may have been past prime etc. the DC wins (without roids) would be legit AF, but I never thought Gus had a chance the 1st or 2nd fight and tend to believe the first fight was an anomaly

He could not have done most those things without the help of steroids.

He is not goat.
He is a cheater, plain and simple.

He could still beat DC anyway.

Are there any other arguments why Jones isn't the GOAT outside of PEDs?

He has destroyed:

DC x2
Machida
Shogun
Rampage
Gus x2
Bader
Sonnen
Vitor
Glover
Rashad

He has no legit losses either. Every other GOAT candidate has numerous undeniable losses.

The only other thing I can think of is he has never moved up. Anderson did, DC did, even GSP did. Fedor couldn't.

yup cause peds played alot in all those fighs.

Back