Opinion Is patriotism dying ?

No, you should be proud on things YOU accomplished or have earned yourself.

People who have pride in things they no nothing about or earned themselves is pretty sad to be honest.

Those things aren’t mutually exclusive

I’m very proud of my
Culture, history , and people and everything we’ve overcome to be where we are today

Those things aren’t mutually exclusive

I’m very proud of my
Culture, history , and people and everything we’ve overcome to be where we are today

True, but there's alot of people who don't know their history to say that. They just are following drones . Didn't do anything in the lives to be proud of and want credit from their ancestors who did.

True, but there's alot of people who don't know their history to say that. They just are following drones . Didn't do anything in the lives to be proud of and want credit from their ancestors who did.

my great grandfather fought for 40 plus days resisting the large ottoman army , all his sibling and family were slaughtered in cold blood until he was saved By a
Miracle

he then went back to Soviet Armenia in 1936 when the Soviet Union opened its boarders as a young man with nothing and made a life himself

This is something that will already be in me no matter what and
With it comes a large burden

I’ll always be very proud of him and rest of the people who survived similar horrific circumstances and somehow make the small nation we have today

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forty_Days_of_Musa_Dagh

When you observe a country like China you'll see that there's no shortage of patriotism.

That amount of patriotism must be matched.

When you observe a country like China you'll see that there's no shortage of patriotism.

When a nation loses the men who are willing to die for it , that nation will die itself - general garegin ndzeh

I was in Armenia in 2016 during the being of the 4 day war , literally everyone I know some men in their 70s just picked up their guns and headed for the boarder to protect our homeland

Depends on your perspective. All the protestors are devoted to bring about their form of change for what they believe is the way forward for the country. Whether you agree with it or not that’s actual patriotism IMO. Not blind support for “muh flag” regardless of what’s actually going on in the world.

This is basically the answer to the thread. Just because someone believes different things are good for the country to you doesn't make them less of a patriot than you are.

If they're doing things in the belief that it will make their country a better place, then they're being a patriot.

I think you're confusing patriotism and fear of the government.

This is basically the answer to the thread. Just because someone believes different things are good for the country to you doesn't make them less of a patriot than you are.

If they're doing things in the belief that it will make their country a better place, then they're being a patriot.

So you believe the people who are destroying national monuments and demanding the end of capitalism and treating to burn down the entire system and restart love America and what it stood for historically love this country ?

seems like they hate America , it’s history , everything it stood and stands for and are trying to build a new America

So you believe the people who are destroying national monuments and demanding the end of capitalism and treating to burn down the entire system and restart love America and what it stood for historically love this country ?

seems like they hate America , it’s history , everything it stood and stands for and are trying to build a new America

I think it's probably a mixture. I think there are some people who are out for the anarchy and destruction, who I would not class as patriotic, then there are some that I think are demanding change for what they believe is for the good of the country who are patriotic.

Someone demanding communism is still patriotic if they believe it's for the good of the country.

I think it's probably a mixture. I think there are some people who are out for the anarchy and destruction, who I would not class as patriotic, then there are some that I think are demanding change for what they believe is for the good of the country who are patriotic.

Someone demanding communism is still patriotic if they believe it's for the good of the country.

I think what we have really is just many large groups of people with different agendas , motivations, and beliefs lumped together as one large group

All they really share is a current disdain for our current lifestyle

I can tell you there are people like your mentioning and the are also people who hate America and what it stands for

I wish I had viewed the Ben Shapiro video above us , it sort of answered this question and also provided some insight on our discussion

I think what we have really is just many large groups of people with different agendas , motivations, and beliefs lumped together as one large group

All they really share is a current disdain for our current lifestyle

I can tell you there are people like your mentioning and the are also people who hate America and what it stands for

I wish I had viewed the Ben Shapiro video above us , it sort of answered this question and also provided some insight on our discussion

Yeah, I'm not suggesting that there aren't people who hate America and everything it stands for, but I also don't think that it's right to suggest that everyone involved in rioting etc is anti-America. They may well be anti current aspects of America and very strongly against that, but it doesn't make them anti-American.

Not really suggesting you were saying that, but it's a feeling I got from reading some posts in the thread.

Yeah, I'm not suggesting that there aren't people who hate America and everything it stands for, but I also don't think that it's right to suggest that everyone involved in rioting etc is anti-America. They may well be anti current aspects of America and very strongly against that, but it doesn't make them anti-American.

Not really suggesting you were saying that, but it's a feeling I got from reading some posts in the thread.

agreed - mixed lot of people

protesting with what you disagree with is an inherently America act - our country was based on it and it’s a right that all Americans have and this is the overwhelming large majority

unfortunately , masked and Hidden behind this All this is a element opportunzing off the emotions involved and spreading hate, divide , anarchy and doing some very bad things

agreed - mixed lot of people

protesting with what you disagree with is an inherently America act - our country was based on it and it’s a right that all Americans have and this is the overwhelming large majority

unfortunately , masked and Hidden behind this All this is a element opportunzing off the emotions involved and spreading hate, divide , anarchy and doing some very bad things

Agreed, I would add that I think there are people who do this on both sides of the fence, I think there are some people who aren't acting in the interests of the country who are hiding behind a façade of patriotism.

If patriotism is being a white racist pussy with an infested beard, history of incest, and a gun in place of penis then yes patriotism is dying.

In people 30 and younger hell fucking yeah.

Back