Is Overeem's MMA career over?

Reem is not the same since he is not on horse meat... lets be honest here guys.

He is one of the most skilled and well rounded guys at HW.. but his cardio and chin can

Info t think he is all rounded at all.he is great at kb and got got submissions but I don't think he is good at wrestling.

It was over the moment he signed with the ufc

lesnarovereem2.gif

A new Sherdog low

Now fighters careers are over before the fight.

I know its a make or break fight for overeem, but let them fight first.

Some say his MMA career is over EVEN if he defeats Mir, thats just crazy.

To many on this form Mir is One of the best HW of all time, but beating hhim doesnt mean anything?

Overeem please smash Mir (if he wins we wil never hear the end of it)
Get your shit together, come in with a GOOD GAME PLAN, and cardio and start Breaking people!

WAR OVEREEM
(If he loses this one, he should stop)

depends on what he does from here. if he were to dedicate himself to cardio he could still be competitive, but if he doesn't there's no chance.

he's like baroni used to be at this point, dangerous for one round and then just about useless after that.

It might be. He's got all the tools. He just somehow manages to find a way to lose fights he SHOULD be winning. If he loses to Mir (no disrespect to Frank, but on paper this should be a cakewalk for Reem), then as a fan of his, I'd like to see him do something else.

A new Sherdog low

Now fighters careers are over before the fight.

I know its a make or break fight for overeem, but let them fight first.

Some say his MMA career is over EVEN if he defeats Mir, thats just crazy.

To many on this form Mir is One of the best HW of all time, but beating hhim doesnt mean anything?

Overeem please smash Mir (if he wins we wil never hear the end of it)
Get your shit together, come in with a GOOD GAME PLAN, and cardio and start Breaking people!

WAR OVEREEM
(If he loses this one, he should stop)

Lol at your ending.

I don't think he is, Mir is a good match up for Overeem.

He'll get on track.

Au contraire, I believe he has an mma fight with Frank Mir lined up...

Without a drastic improvement in his defense/cardio, it's over.

His offense is great and on point, but he wilts quickly and has a very very suspect chin.

edit:
That said, he kills Mir. Best clinch killer vs worst clinch defender. Will be a short night.

mir_zps78065e5d.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG] :icon_lol:

If Reem somehow manages to lose to Mir he should undoubtedly retire. With Mir's weakness in the clinch I see Reem absolutely bludgeoning him tbh. Def Reem's fight to lose.

Depends a lot on how his upcoming fight pans out.

It's over if he loses to Mir. If he wins he can make a comeback. Sadly Overeem has become unpredictable. His cardio and chin are certainly questionable. I believe he has the tools to beat every Heavyweight in the UFC including Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos but he's also beatable so it really comes down to whether or not Overeem can execute his gameplan in fights. If things go wrong such as him being unable to hurt Bigfoot or stop Browne he can be beaten. But his career is definitely not over in the UFC so long as he can keep winning fights.

Back