Is Overeem's MMA career over?

Are you aware Overeem was owning those guys before getting caught?

Shertards...
He wasn't getting much effective offense off while trying to pull off some bullshit as if he was James Toney against Bigfoot when they weren't on the ground, but yeah, he looked seriously fucking on point in the first like 2.5 minutes of his fight with Browne. I really think he needs to shed some muscle to avoid getting so tired quickly... weighing in around 235-ish like Kongo would be best for him.

I also don't think he really has a glass chin, but rather that the shots he's been nailed by were all seriously wicked at moments when his porous defense failed him (a shame as he's really just a big tank with the ability to cover up afforded by kickboxing gloves).

Geez. Remember the "Overeem is the number 1 HW in the world" posters? How the mighty have fallen.

Geez. Remember the "Overeem is the number 1 HW in the world" posters? How the mighty have fallen.

I never really bought into his hype as much as I enjoy watching him fight... I thought he would get a title shot and lose to JDS and Cain but I never thought of him as the no 1 guy

I never really bought into his hype as much as I enjoy watching him fight... I thought he would get a title shot and lose to JDS and Cain but I never thought of him as the no 1 guy

Ive liked Overeem since he was a 205. Boring fights are a rarity with him so hes got my ass in a seat for his matches. But, yeah, them Overeem fans were crazy for the big muscles for some reason.

Ive liked Overeem since he was a 205. Boring fights are a rarity with him so hes got my ass in a seat for his matches. But, yeah, them Overeem fans were crazy for the big muscles for some reason.

I have to agree, the guy is a physical specimen for sure.

Are you aware Overeem was owning those guys before getting caught?

Shertards...

I love it when people say blatantly stupid things, then call other tards.

Overeem always did that when not on roids, that's his pre-roid pattern; no surprise that is happening again since he got busted and had to get off of roids. Watch his fights when he was skinny and not the Incredible Horsemeat Hulk. He did the same thing against Shogun, Chuck, and Lil Nog- looks great and is winning, then fades and gets destroyed.

It isn't always so impressive to own someone temporarily and then get KTFO, especially when it is a repeated pattern.

BTW, that is absolute fallacy in the OP that Reem was "headed toward the title, then Bigfoot changed that." Let's not ignore the elephant in the room, that is, the thing that really stopped his march to the title- no more:

Last edited:
I never bought into the hype, but I thought he'd do a little better. He's gonna need a few big wins, and I don't think they're coming. So yeah, he'll be out of the UFC within a year or two.

I could see him beating Mir and then maybe Stipe or Big Nog. As long as he stays away from Cain, JDS, Barnett, and even Nelson lol

He needs a monumental game change. The way I see it he has two options. The first and probably best option is for him to lose roughly 20 to 25 pounds of muscle. With proper training he doesn't need to lose too much strength in this. Just changing things up, getting better conditioning for this particular sport. He is suffering from the same deal several others before him have. Too much muscle to fuel in a MMA fight thats gonna be competitive. Sure it's awesome to throw guys around who aren't on your level. But when you are in a dog fight you can't sustain the level of action you need carry so much bulk.

Option 2 and highly unlikely to happen or probably even work would be to re-dedicate himself and change his entire style of fighting and dive head first into a wrestling based offense. With his incredible size and strength start taking guys down right away and ground and pounding them . Like I said I wouldn't expect to see this happen but he does have the tools based on his physical abilities and from what I've already seen him do in past matches. Not many guy's out there can handle a man his size and strength taking you down and pounding on you or ripping for subs. Lesnar proved this against a little lesser than the elite of the elite. Reem doesn't have the wrestling background but with a total dedication to the pursuit he could gain enough skill to make it work (just not against the Cain's and JDS's).

But I think option 1 is the best bet. His chin is not great but it's not completely horrible either. Most of the times you've seen him taken out was more of a conditioning issue than chin.

ufc career is over if he loses next fight
mma career should be ok. im sure other promotions would take him

I love it when people say blatantly stupid things, then call other tards.

Overeem always did that when not on roids, that's his pre-roid pattern; no surprise that is happening again since he got busted and had to get off of roids. Watch his fights when he was skinny and not the Incredible Horsemeat Hulk. He did the same thing against Shogun, Chuck, and Lil Nog- looks great and is winning, then fades and gets destroyed.

It isn't always so impressive to own someone temporarily and then get KTFO, especially when it is a repeated pattern.

BTW, that is absolute fallacy in the OP that Reem was "headed toward the title, then Bigfoot changed that." Let's not ignore the elephant in the room, that is, the thing that really stopped his march to the title- no more:

Read this. Ignore the rest. Truth.

Overeem has always been inconsistent, I'm not sure why people are acting like this happened because he joined the UFC, he wasn't exactly Jose Aldo when he came. He still has the same chance as he used to, except without all the hype.

Back