Is Overeem's MMA career over?

HiMyNameIs***

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Overeem was supposed to be the biggest threat to the title until Bigfoot changed all that. He is coming off two devastating losses in fights he was winning (IMO) before getting KTFO. His only win comes over an unhealthy Lesnar.

As much as I'd love to see Overeem take a run at the title.... I just don't see it happening. His chin is obviously not there.... not only that but, when you have your hands down any punch from a guy that is 235+ pounds is going to KO you. I dont care who you are.

That being said, Overeem sends Mir packing, then loses two in a row and gets cut from the UFC. That is my prediction

No, but if he doesnt change camps then he should just hang them up. Both fights should have been easily won.

It was over the moment he signed with the ufc

images

He will beat Mir, and then lose to Stipe Miocic. Then it will be over.

Aside from the Lesnar win, Reem hasn't looked that good in the past 2 years.

Without a drastic improvement in his defense/cardio, it's over.

His offense is great and on point, but he wilts quickly and has a very very suspect chin.

edit:
That said, he kills Mir. Best clinch killer vs worst clinch defender. Will be a short night.

If he loses to Mir, i don't Dana give him more changes. As a Overeem fan i hope he can win Mir.
But to be honest, a title shot in the future, i don't see it happening.
When he started at the UFC i had great expectations and i wasn't the only i think. After his win against Brock, it was looking more bright for.
After the disappointing loss against Bigfoot, i still had some good feeling about i title.
But after his loss against Brown, i don't see title for him unfortunately. Overeem's great time is over i'm afraid.
From both losses i have to say, it where stupid losses, which hasn't to be necessary.

Without a drastic improvement in his defense/cardio, it's over.

His offense is great and on point, but he wilts quickly and has a very very suspect chin.

edit:
That said, he kills Mir. Best clinch killer vs worst clinch defender. Will be a short night.

I wouldnt say he has a bad chin. Hes more a victim of circumstance, taking HUGE shots that would have floored anyone in the HW division with the exception of a few maybe because he leaves his chin out in the open

He has only fought 3 times in the last 2 years

Prior to his 3 UFC fights, his win over Werdum in Strikeforce was less than stellar. Add in the PED suspension, cardio issues against Bigfoot and dropping his hands against Browne, the guy's career is on the downward trend.

Alistair has been one of my fav fighters to follow over the years, and it sucks to say this but I hope he retires. He's 33 and has had over 60 mma / kickboxing fights. The dudes taken a ton of damage and hes one of the few fighters whose future I worry about.

Are you aware Overeem was owning those guys before getting caught?

Shertards...

Back