Is Olivera gpong to be ok ?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by cheese32165, Aug 24, 2015.

1. cheese32165

cheese32165 Banned Banned

Can someone who knows about his injury explain if hes going to be ok. Last thing i want see is someone get a life threating injury occure in the Octagon.

2. FKAri

FKAri White Belt

He said he felt numb and couldn't feel parts of his body but that's not really indicative of an eso****us tear. It sounds more like there was some sort of pressure on his neck and that caused both incidents. He also mentioned he hurt his neck in camp but recovered so not sure how that plays into it.

There is no way of knowing until we know the severity of the tear and/or other issues.

EDIT - I've never heard of this happening in any combat sport. It's like hearing of someone tearing their intestines because of a takedown.

3. Clippy

Clippy Now THIS is Porg racing!!!

This sounds like a crazy freak injury! I hope he's ok too and will keep checking updates. Best wishes to fighter and family.

4. toe hold

toe hold Brown Belt

http://www.healthcommunities.com/eso****eal-issues/what-is-eso****eal-rupture.shtml

I don't pretend to be a physician, but I know that Oliveira has had serious issues with the weight cutting to get to featherweight for most of his UFC career. Probably a freak injury, but this type of injury can come from excessive vomiting and other trauma to the digestive system.

The UFC and Oliveira need to determine why this happened. Very unlikely to have an injury like this occur in the cage.

5. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

be a while till we see him again

6. Drew314

Drew314 Green Belt

Micro tear it is. Probably no surgery. But here come the liberals with the new and improved throat cup!

As an edit, sherdog, are we really bleaping out the middle of eso****us? If someone is homosexual enough to call someone a P H A G, then they are clearly in need of more penis in their life.

7. Brokenpromise

Brokenpromise Blue Belt

Eso****us tears micro or not are extremely problematic if fluids manage to leak in between the tissue behind his breastbone and in between his lungs.
    If its severe he can't eat or drink until surgery is completed and most people need surgery to close the tear.
    What is really unusual about this injury is how it happened. Its pretty unusual for Blunt Trauma to create this injury.
    Im just wondering if there was something more during training camp or during his weight cut that assisted in the injury.