Is oil checking legal?

I heard it was legal in NCAA wrestling, can someone confirm this

damn that video was brutal.. if that girl were strong enough she could have picked up her opponent one handedly with that deep oil check grip.

Also, if you're not sure if oil checking is legal at your tournament, be sure to ask the ref immediately before your match begins, right before shaking hands. Ask loudly enough that your opponent can hear the question.

No direct prohibition in judo, but:
35. Any action against the spirit of judo may be punished by a direct
Hansoku - make at any time in the contes

https://youtu.be/a3uL67Aqdhs?t=5m41s

Around 5:43 it looks like LV gives Bravo a quick oil checky and decides him havea plenty of oil in datch place.

Unrelated question, has Eddie ever commented on whether or not he was prepared to defend LV's approach of picking an ankle and passing to the side from EB's butt scoot position to shut down his half guard game that he used so effectively against Royler earlier? In the Royler rematch I wonder if Eddie decided to not butt scoot as a result of the success LV had keeping Eddie from ever getting a lockdown.

let us know how that works out for you...

oil-check.jpg

Depends on the state and age of the person being checked. As a rule of thumb I would avoid it at all cost.

The follow up ass kicking you receive afterwards definitely wouldn't be.

The Brazilian or dirty toe is the best known defense to any leg attack....it is known.

Butt dragging is always legal.

Penetrating an orifice is always illegal.

There is one high level judoka I know (top10 in nation) that always will get questionable when people turtle on him.

Back