Is Nunes in the FOTY discussion? She should be!

SoberAwakening

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know that they voted Michael Bisping as fighter of the year. Some people voted for Cerrone and a lot of people voted for McGregor. All good fighters, all deserve high praises. But does Amanda Nunes deserve some votes as well?

5 Mar 16 - Defeats Valentina Shevchenko, the woman who would go on to beat Holly Holm, former women's BW champion.

9 Jul 16 - Defeats Miesha Tate in the very 1st round to win the women's BW title.

30 Dec 16 - Destroys the former women's BW champion (Ronda Rousey) in 48 seconds, being only the second woman in the division to successfully defend the title.

Now I know women's MMA doesn't get the respect men's MMA does, but ladies and gents, Amanda Nunes should at least be considered a worthy candidate!!!

6uty.jpg
Miesha-Tate-v-Amanda-Nunes.jpg

Garbrandt stole it tonight in my opinion. 4-0 with 3 first round KO's and a win over the GOAT in his division in a FOTY contender.

Nunes might be a close second, or maybe third behind Stipe.

All these new champs have had a great year, shout out to Stipe.

Mickey Gall is ahead of her

Beat Shevchenko, Tate, and Rousey.

That is a solid, solid streak.

I don't think this win should really be valued so much. I mean come on... Nunes beat someone who was out for a full year after getting embarrassed. Then we all know how great Rounda's striking is as Edmund as her coach...

Not saying Nunes isn't a great fighter. Maybe i'm just too much a hater, lol.

Bisking/Stipe/Cody is the FOTY.

I don't think this win should really be valued so much. I mean come on... Nunes beat someone who was out for a full year after getting embarrassed. Then we all know how great Rounda's striking is as Edmund as her coach...

Not saying Nunes isn't a great fighter. Maybe i'm just too much a hater, lol.

Bisking/Stipe/Cody is the FOTY.

Haven't seen you for a while.

bork1}

Anyone who puts the final nail in rondas coffin deserves all the accolades that come with vanquishing a great source of evil and disgust

#GUERNICAbless

She should be in the discussion, but for #1 I'd go with Stipe.

Back