Is Nogueira the toughest man in MMA history?

I think so.

Got run over by a truck as a kid, ate multiple Crocop head kicks, got piledriven by 400 pound Bob Sapp only to come back to armbar him, eats multiple strikes from Giant Struve.

He might be the toughest man ever to live.

you'd think the UFC could pair him with a grappler or something (although is there one in the HW division?).

If I had to guess, he'll fight Mitrione next.

Oleinik would be a fun fight, he's been on the shelf forever though, no idea what they're doing with him.

I can't think of anyone who comes close to Nog. A few people may have impressed with toughness in one or two fights, but no one else has made a career of it for over 15 years.
JDS
BJ
Hendo
Big Country
Rothwell
Overeem.

Somebody said it will be 'sad' when he retires.. No, no I won't be 'sad.'

Roy Nelson vs. Mir/Werdum/JDS/Crocop/Stripe has to have caused some pretty long term Traumatic brain injury

Sakuraba, Danny Hendo and Nog are all super tough...

It really doesn't get much tougher than any of those guys. As far as human beings go.

He's so tough he's about to fight again

I dunno. It's a toss up between Minotauro and Mark Hunt for me. I don't think I've seen anyone take more punishment consistently than those two guys. I'll never forget Hunts fight with LeBanner(the 2001 Grand Prix), where he basically gets lit up for the first round and a half, and then uncorks on Jerome in the worst possible way.

Rampage is pretty god damn tough too.

I thought he was going to die during his first two Wandy fights.

JDS
BJ
Hendo
Big Country
Rothwell
Overeem.

Not even close to Big Nog. Someone mentioned Sakuraba, but even he hasn't been winning top level fights on based on toughness for 15 years.

(Unrelated, my friend's phone autocorrected Big Nog to Bog Nig, which sounds like the most horrible racial slur ever.)

No ones said Maldonado? Dude took a savage beating from Glover and wanted to continue the 3rd round.

even at his advanced age he still able to take insane amount of damage. it will be a very sad day when this man retires.
I honestly think the only man who can match his heart and determination is Frankie Edgar.
anyways what do you guys think?
allso much respect to the skyscraper nothing but a class act.

Minotauro is the toughest out of the greatest fighters ever, but the toughest fighter ever is this guy:

TravisFulton.jpg

I think so.

Got run over by a truck as a kid, ate multiple Crocop head kicks, got piledriven by 400 pound Bob Sapp only to come back to armbar him, eats multiple strikes from Giant Struve.

He might be the toughest man ever to live.

He also survived this:

8avvV.gif

and this:

xdy.gif

With no real problems.

Back