Is Nogueira the toughest man in MMA history?

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
even at his advanced age he still able to take insane amount of damage. it will be a very sad day when this man retires.
I honestly think the only man who can match his heart and determination is Frankie Edgar.
anyways what do you guys think?
allso much respect to the skyscraper nothing but a class act.

I can't think of anyone who comes close to Nog. A few people may have impressed with toughness in one or two fights, but no one else has made a career of it for over 15 years.

His toughness can't be questioned

Definitely up there. Stupid tough.

I missed the fight. How badly did he get beat up? Any gifs?

For fights *in the ufc*, probably not. But with Pride, for sure. Fedor, Sapp and CC almost killed him, and he managed to win two of those.

Diego can take a beating.

There are a lot of guys that are retardedly tough. Can't really say one is tougher than the other.

Probably NOG for sure.
He's not going to be much use to society by the time he is 50 talking all mush-mouth like.

If not the toughest than one of the top. He made a career on taking punishment to get finishes and tonight he didn't get the finish but he survived some monstrous shots from Struve. A lot of people don't give him enough respect for his power, his size and frame give his strikes a lot more power than it looks like they have.

Definitely up there.

Hespect.

Nog is tough, but people in this thread forgot about Nick Diaz, Glay Guida and Roy Nelson

Him or Sakuraba. He ate some impressive shots from Struve but looked so slow. Time to hang 'em up.

well.

"At age 10, he was accidentally run over by a truck and fell into a four day coma, losing a rib and part of his liver and hospitalized for eleven months. As a result of the accident he has a large scar, including a noticeable indentation, on his lower back."

yeah.

Cigano is also up there. Cut from the same cloth.

He's not going to retire he's got two fights left on his contract and he makes several hundred thousand dollars a fight. He knows he's not going to be champion again, he's fighting for retirement paychecks.

He's not going to retire he's got two fights left on his contract and he makes several hundred thousand dollars a fight. He knows he's not going to be champion again, he's fighting for retirement paychecks.

you'd think the UFC could pair him with a grappler or something (although is there one in the HW division?).

If I had to guess, he'll fight Mitrione next.

1 =. Big Nog and Hunto
3. Shogun
4. JDS
5. Big Country

Back