Is Nick Diaz the new BJ Penn?

BLACKWOLF

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Dude is running his legacy into the ground, hopefully unlike BJ he gets the help he needs and calls it a day

All fighter go through it if they fight long enough.

BJ Penn was considered one of the all-time greats. He lost every fight for pretty much a decade, destroying the image of what he once was. Nick gave up a long time ago, but has been able to live outside of fighting. This was a quick cash grab as far as I can tell. BJ Penn was genuinely off his rocker.

Nick def didnt want to come back. I think he knew he didnt have much left. I dont think he was as delusional as Penn was.

Not yet.
source.gif

No

Nick came back for a check. A check that wasn’t worth much brain damage, apparently. Long way to go before he is BJ Penn.

This was a tamer version of Nick. The intensity isn't there anymore, doubt it comes back. Penn lost the intensity as well. But kept going for 5+ years after losing it. Nick would have to get his ass kicked for years for such an ending.

No. BJ always went out on his shield and never quit in the middle of a fight like Diaz.

you mean he went out on his stool*

he quit vs GSP because he was out of breath bro

They are literally in the opposite side of the spectrum. Penn loves to fight and roams Hawaii looking for trouble. He would fight 50 more times if he could. Nick hates to fight, he didn't want to come back, he obviously did it because he has money trouble, he didn't want to let his hands go against Robbie (although we saw glimpses of that) and when he ate the first good punch he just quit.

And it's not like Nick has some huge legacy. He had one good run in Strikeforce's worst division and then got manhandled by GSP. BJ is one of the original GOATs and for some he has an argument for LW GOAT even today.

Nick was overhyped here because of his weak winning streak outside of the ufc

this thread is just shitting on everybody wow! war Nick and BJ

SxnBv59Pqq3j5doZ6P0NFgT7UwUE4h3WjdixLKn0v4NZBV4Xy0CxwzN2A3HM2PHFIizfg5TOXMeQPRG_6yFE3XFyILKD--RFxLqBEic

Back