Is Nicholas Walters done?

The fact that he hasn't fought since is kind of strange. His reputation was shot because he quit without even beginning to take a beating, so he wasn't going to walking into any big fights anytime soon, but not competing at all since is pretty strange.

Loma haters will tell you he was already done when he fought him. Loma worshippers will tell you he was a world beater.

Others will remember that Walters hadn't fought in almost a year, but he was still undefeated, his draw against Sosa was very suspect as he dominated the fight, and he had a big reach advantage against Loma.

I still say Walters was/is a hell of a talent and for Loma to not only dominate him but make him quit, that impressed the hell out of me.

Anything new on the Axe Man? He was rumored to be returning in 2020, but I cant find anything scheduled for him.

Its a shame he hasnt fought since the Loma debacle...I really enjoyed a few of his fights prior to that.

Anything new on the Axe Man? He was rumored to be returning in 2020, but I cant find anything scheduled for him.

Its a shame he hasnt fought since the Loma debacle...I really enjoyed a few of his fights prior to that.

I feel like it was downhill for him prior to the Loma fight. He missed weight against Marriaga and was stripped of the WBA title he won against Donaire and a lackluster performance against Sosa resulting in a draw. Then the Loma fight.

Walters was just never that good. Who'd he beat? 2 old fighters way past their primes and well above their best weights.
i mean, Donaire 5 years later was WBA champion in the finals of the Super Series giving Monster a fight, cutting him for the first time in his career and putting on the Ring magazine fight of the year.

i mean, Donaire 5 years later was WBA champion in the finals of the Super Series giving Monster a fight, cutting him for the first time in his career and putting on the Ring magazine fight of the year.

he also moved down 2 weight classes tho, and he only had a belt because he fought a no name for a vacant title.

I doubt anybody wants to touch him after what happened in the Loma fight. He could have lost and I doubt most people would have cared, he certainly could have rebuilt himself. But to just quit in the middle of a boring fight (largely uninjured) and then whine about unfairness post fight? Yeah there's no network that's gonna want to touch you after that.

it's a shame too; Walters was really talented.

He fought Walters at featherweight, not bantamweight.
yeah, i was going off the old comment though, sure his best years were behind him but its not like he was done

Had no idea TS got banned what did he do

I doubt anybody wants to touch him after what happened in the Loma fight. He could have lost and I doubt most people would have cared, he certainly could have rebuilt himself. But to just quit in the middle of a boring fight (largely uninjured) and then whine about unfairness post fight? Yeah there's no network that's gonna want to touch you after that.

it's a shame too; Walters was really talented.
Yeah quitting like that without suffering proper damage is not a good look. It just shows that some fighters just can't handle being several levels worse than they thought they were. Getting humiliated is not something every fighter's ego can deal with. Someone like Canelo could handle getting shown up by Floyd and it makes them a better fighter, people like Walter, it just wrecks them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back