Is Nicholas Walters done?

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before he lost to Loma he had a lot of hype. Destroyed Darch and Donaire in brutal fashion, had a good backstory, had the cool Axe Man gimmick, then he gets embarrassed by Loma, quits on his stool 2 years ago and I haven't heard a word about him since.

Before he lost to Loma he had a lot of hype. Destroyed Darch and Donaire in brutal fashion, had a good backstory, had the cool Axe Man gimmick, then he gets embarrassed by Loma, quits on his stool 2 years ago and I haven't heard a word about him since.

It looks that way, and it’s a shame, I liked him

Confidence plays such a large part in boxing. Some fighters are never the same after they take a loss, especially if it’s been one sided or embarrassing. I think that happened to naz and Jeff Lacey as well. Mentally they were never the same fighters.

I think that happened to naz and Jeff Lacey as well. Mentally they were never the same fighters.

100%. The Lacy one was surreal, he was just destroying guys in the ring. I remember I didn't really know anything about Calzaghe at the time, but the guys on another forum were saying Lacy was going to kill him, Calzaghe had glass hands, he was a slapper, his record was filled with cans, he was being protected, etc. I remember even the Brits on the forum thinking Calzaghe was going to get smashed.

100%. The Lacy one was surreal, he was just destroying guys in the ring. I remember I didn't really know anything about Calzaghe at the time, but the guys on another forum were saying Lacy was going to kill him, Calzaghe had glass hands, he was a slapper, his record was filled with cans, he was being protected, etc. I remember even the Brits on the forum thinking Calzaghe was going to get smashed.

Calzaghes closest fight imo was against robin reid. Robin reid got destroyed by Lacey a fight or 2 before. He was absolutely gotten to by him before the fight as well.

I was a big fan of joes but I wasn’t feeling particularly good about the fight. I thought it was 50/50. Lacey wasn’t a bum by any means, but he was never the same fighter after that because he lost his own sense of invincibility. It can definately hapoen

On a side note I met Jeff Lacey a couple of months ago when he was in England rematching a local fighter in a winner takes all fight. Really nice fella

There were quite a few that expected Lacy to get raped.
Plenty of peeps bought the Showtime hype machine, but the prevailing logic here before the fight was even made was that Lacy was incredibly limited, and was ripe for the picking.

Calzaghes closest fight imo was against robin reid. Robin reid got destroyed by Lacey a fight or 2 before. He was absolutely gotten to by him before the fight as well.

I was a big fan of joes but I wasn’t feeling particularly good about the fight. I thought it was 50/50. Lacey wasn’t a bum by any means, but he was never the same fighter after that because he lost his own sense of invincibility. It can definately hapoen

On a side note I met Jeff Lacey a couple of months ago when he was in England rematching a local fighter in a winner takes all fight. Really nice fella

Always felt bad for Lacy, seems like a great guy but yeah he was absolutely ruined by Calzaghe. Was never the same. One guy goes onto international acclaim and respect, the other is washed up at 30, boxing can be a cruel sport!

I love rewatching that fight. A master class on how speed kills

There were quite a few that expected Lacy to get raped.
Plenty of peeps bought the Showtime hype machine, but the prevailing logic here before the fight was even made was that Lacy was incredibly limited, and was ripe for the picking.

I saw what Lacey did to reid, and stupidly compared calzaghes struggle with the same fighter. But like I said in my earlier post, reid had lost the fight before he even stepped in to the ring. Lacey and his team were in his head.
A lot of people also bought his hype including much of the boxing media, especially in Britain before that fight

I thought some of that hype faded before the Loma fight, he missed weight and was stripped of his title before the Marriaga fight and didn't look that great against Sosa. I remember thinking he won that fight but not the way he should have.

Loma haters will tell you he was already done when he fought him. Loma worshippers will tell you he was a world beater.

Others will remember that Walters hadn't fought in almost a year, but he was still undefeated, his draw against Sosa was very suspect as he dominated the fight, and he had a big reach advantage against Loma.

Loma haters will tell you he was already done when he fought him. Loma worshippers will tell you he was a world beater.

Others will remember that Walters hadn't fought in almost a year, but he was still undefeated, his draw against Sosa was very suspect as he dominated the fight, and he had a big reach advantage against Loma.

Should reach advantage even matter when dude fights like a caveman. Im still looking to be proved wrong from all the hype Sor had before the 2 JFE fights. Looked like a caveman with no IQ in there, hooks in the inside were like 120 degrees I really have no clue how that was going to be effective. I’ll have to look at past fights, maybe it was an off night.

Should reach advantage even matter when dude fights like a caveman. Im still looking to be proved wrong from all the hype Sor had before the 2 JFE fights. Looked like a caveman with no IQ in there, hooks in the inside were like 120 degrees I really have no clue how that was going to be effective. I’ll have to look at past fights, maybe it was an off night.

If you're talking about Sor Rungvisai, no matter how the guy does fight, he could do cartwheels and Zumba moves in the ring for all I know, the fact of the matter is that back-to-back victories against P4P n°1 Roman Gonzalez were definitely worth quite some hype.

If you're talking about Sor Rungvisai, no matter how the guy does fight, he could do cartwheels and Zumba moves in the ring for all I know, the fact of the matter is that back-to-back victories against P4P n°1 Roman Gonzalez were definitely worth quite some hype.

I mean Walters had 0 ring IQ I don’t think he would really use his reach effectively anyway, he’d just bomb away like a cricket pitcher.

Isn’t Roman going downhill? Im not trying to downplay your little guy I just didn’t watch much of him before. He just seems like the type to get boxed up everytime he faces anyone with a good tank and a decent boxing skills. Ofcourse Ko ratio says otherwise so im looking forward to seeing whatever he has left.

i think it’s one of lomachenko’s best wins. he was likely the #1 featherweight at the time

I mean Walters had 0 ring IQ I don’t think he would really use his reach effectively anyway, he’d just bomb away like a cricket pitcher.

Isn’t Roman going downhill? Im not trying to downplay your little guy I just didn’t watch much of him before. He just seems like the type to get boxed up everytime he faces anyone with a good tank and a decent boxing skills. Ofcourse Ko ratio says otherwise so im looking forward to seeing whatever he has left.

Eh, Roman was a tad undersized at 115, but he was a title holder and widely considered to be the p4p top dog in boxing since Floyd’s retirement. Also, he was undefeated. So was Walters before the Loma fight.

Eh, Roman was a tad undersized at 115, but he was a title holder and widely considered to be the p4p top dog in boxing since Floyd’s retirement. Also, he was undefeated. So was Walters before the Loma fight.

I just think guys that slug it out seem to have 2 speeds 0 and 100. Yeah he seemed tiny and I always thought JFE’s size helped him a lot in absorbing all those shots from Sor. The fact he’s fought at 120 and stopped the guy says he should handle a lil some. My old man thought he was being a dumbass standing and trading those last 2 rounds, said it was a Ko waiting to happen lol.

I saw what Lacey did to reid, and stupidly compared calzaghes struggle with the same fighter. But like I said in my earlier post, reid had lost the fight before he even stepped in to the ring. Lacey and his team were in his head.
A lot of people also bought his hype including much of the boxing media, especially in Britain before that fight

The thing that was most alarming to me about Lacy, was the fact he was totally outboxed in his next fight against Typsko....its up there for me with Foreman-Schulz for disgusting outcomes of fights

Quitting after losing to Loma is hilarious. Walters should be building that bank account plus Loma has moved beyond 126/130.

Nicholas Walters was on the slide before Loma. BUT Loma has made 4 fighters quit against him. That's no coincidence. Walters was a good fighter but when you fight someone who is level's above you it does something to your psyche.

Same thing happened to Lacy vs. Calzaghe. I predicted Calzaghe would destroy Lacy and it came to pass. Calzaghe was one of the greatest SMW's to ever lace up gloves. Nobody took apart Chris Eubank like Calzaghe did, right then I knew he was special.

Sometimes you just meet someone who is just up another level to you.

Walters was just never that good. Who'd he beat? 2 old fighters way past their primes and well above their best weights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back