Is Nicco Montano the clearest case of 'dead man/woman walking' the sport has ever seen?

I've never placed a bet on an MMA match in my life, but I'm looking at the odds for this fight, and damn I'm wanting to put $1K on Nicco. Yeah the majority of the MMA world thinks Nicco is a dead woman walking, but I see past that and see that she actually has a very good chance.

I had the same feeling about Holly against Ronda and I'm still kicking myself in the ass for that.

Valentina is not some unstoppable force. Get your bets in now before the vegas odds makers come to their senses.

Anything can happen in MMA.
With that being said, I'd compare the open work outs before placing that sum of money on Nicco.
Valentina is a legit athlete. Also she's beaten tougher girls than Montano in a higher weight class (Holly, Kaufman, Pena). Montano (with all due respect) looked stiff and unathletic.
Higher risks higher returns though.

Why did the commission sanction this fight in the first place? Is it too late to cancel such a mismatch of a fight? The commission's job is to ensure the safety of the competitors. You only see these circus fights in Japan.

i see her all smilin and lookin nice at the pre-fight press stuff. kinda eerie :(

Nah this guy was vs Mendes.

20131221110343_cody_mckenzie.JPG

Was in Vegas during all that and put $100 on Cody, haha.

Think Cody was +425

Celebrating getting subbed by girls half your size tonight.

Dead women walking is pretty much everyone who fought cyborg with Holly as an exception.

Back