Is Ngannou proof that Third Worlders aren't mentally tougher than 1st Worlders like Society claims?

What about someone from the rough life in Africa coming to the USA and facing a whole new form of pressure? Being mentally tough in the African bush/slum is not the same as being mentally tough in front of millions of people fighting for money. Good lord this is a ridiculous post.

Considering this is UFC/MMA...We don't get many third worlders in this sport...We finally did and he reached the top of the sport....He mentally wasn't tough and mentally quit....I think it's valid to ask the question.

I think the opposite is happening here....Rogan/Society met some Third Worlders for an hour or very short period, saw that they are somewhat mentally tough at that moment, and decided to say all third worlders are mentally tough...So his point is more towards Rogan/Society.

Here's what I believe...I don't think Billion of third worlders are mentally tougher than first worlders.....I think all people are different, and some are tougher than others...However when it comes to things like hard labour, Third worlders are mentally tougher and probably have an edge there......when it comes to Career pressures like UFC/MMA(It's a business), then it depends on the individual, not if you grew up in the third world/First world.

If anything, Im defending third worlders from being stereotyped.

I think it's a fair question and it's unfortunate that because of overly PC culture people feel the need to insult you in this thread.

The reality is neither side of this argument has the data to even begin to make a claim. You can just say "I think" which is really not much of anything.

The reality is we don't know. Postulating anything more is baseless speculation. I don't think you are a bigot for doing so. I just think you and your opposition have no idea what you're talking about.

How did i insult anyone? Im not the one who has to constantly refer to men of another ethinicity as "boy". Also you're a buffalo doesn't count.
Haha good one.

Media is up in arms any time a white refers to a black as ‘boy’, much less ‘black boy’.

Calling a man a boy is diminutive, and an insult. It isn’t, however, a racial insult. When you attach ethnicity to an insult, it becomes a racial insult.

Ex: you’re an idiot.
You’re an idiot Mexican.

You are smelly.
You are a smelly Arab.

The fact of the matter is, is that what you say was particularly offense to white people, because you attached the insult with ‘white’. I don’t care if you don’t agree, it doesn’t change what you said.

Now, no one will care because we are desensitized to white racism, but it’s the truth...and I pity you.

Doesn’t disprove anything. He is fighting at the highest level don’t forget that. You have to have a level of toughness to achieve that . Fighting isn’t the end all be all, especially if a single fight is your so called proof. Toughness comes in many shapes and forms.

Listen, as an American white male I would love to agree with you, but I would be blowing smoke up my ass. In general (key phrase) people living in 3rd and even 2nd world countries are tougher than us Americans, despite what you think about Francis Ngannou. No question.
It is evidence that it's a bullshit claim by Rogan/Society.

Ngannou was doing amazing....Then he faced Stipe and faced adversity and got his first loss ..Next Fight against Derrick Lewis, Ngganou was the favorite -380(Pretty good favorite).....He froze up, felt fear, and didn't engage because he was afraid of losing...That's 100% Mentally weak.

Ngannou is tough, no doubt, but mentally tough.....I don't think so.

Haha good one.

Media is up in arms any time a white refers to a black as ‘boy’, much less ‘black boy’.

Calling a man a boy is diminutive, and an insult. It isn’t, however, a racial insult. When you attach ethnicity to an insult, it becomes a racial insult.

Ex: you’re an idiot.
You’re an idiot Mexican.

You are smelly.
You are a smelly Arab.

The fact of the matter is, is that what you say was particularly offense to white people, because you attached the insult with ‘white’. I don’t care if you don’t agree, it doesn’t change what you said.

Now, no one will care because we are desensitized to white racism, but it’s the truth...and I pity you.
Dude i agree with you 100 percent i was talking shit to the guy who used the term "white boy". Geez lol.

I did call him mentally weak...He even said it in his instagram that he felt "fear" in there and it's the reason why he didn't want to fight....That's 100% mentally weak.

Yes it's one person.....and he disproves Rogan's Theory.

Rogan's claim is basically for every UFC/MMA fighter from a third world......He is implying than 99% are mentally tough(ill give him 1% doubt).........Considering Ngannou, the poster boy of third worlders, showed mental weakness........Rogan's general statement, seems to be bullshit.....and questioned it.

Seems like Rogan/Society are talking out of their ass.

I honestly don't know if you're a troll or just seriously, seriously dumb.. My gut tells me it's the latter.

No, his comments don't make him mentally weak. Simpletons like you use terms like that way too loosely. And secondly, Ngannou is still just one guy out of millions/billions of third worlders. He doesn't represent anyone but himself, and certainly shouldn't be used as the template of every other person to come from a 3rd world country.

Why isnt this wastelanded?

this discussion is directed to go one way.

I think you missunderstood.

I meant societys claim. You said at in your OP: "We all heard Rogan, commentators, and society in general, claim that a person raised..."

Im not saying you were claiming anything.

Like i said, its a spectrum for both sides(1st and 3rd). It just people. Some people will be and others wont.
I can see why they would say something like this about 3rd world people, but the weight they put on it is overrated.

Makes sense?
Yes, 1 guy does something and we can instantly apply what we observed to everyone else in that class

Completely plausible. Seems logical.

Makes sense but considering how many likes your comment has and the replies Im getting....

People see that comment and think Im the one doing the claim that Ngannou is 100% proof that Third worlders are mentally weaker.....

They did not think that your comment was about society but about me.

This is digging waaaaaaaaaaay too far into something Rogan probably doesn't even remember saying

What about someone from the rough life in Africa coming to the USA and facing a whole new form of pressure? Being mentally tough in the African bush/slum is not the same as being mentally tough in front of millions of people fighting for money. Good lord this is a ridiculous post.
Yes.....That's my fucking point.

Rogan/Society makes it seem as if you can survive in a third world country, then you can suddenly handle everything the first world throws at you.....Ngannou is proof that isn't the case....So I question this "third world" tough bullshit that Rogan/Society spread around.

We all heard Rogan, commentators, and society in general, claim that a person raised in third world conditions like in Africa, Russian Mountains(Khabib), etc will be way tougher, specifically mentally tougher than some person born in Los Angeles/New York/San Francisco or any other first world City/country.

However Ngannou disproves this theory...He was raised in harsher conditions than most first worlders, yet he feared getting beat by Lewis that he just froze up....He showed way more fear than most first worlders.

Ngannou was born rich like conor

Yes.....That's my fucking point.

Rogan/Society makes it seem as if you can survive in a third world country, then you can suddenly handle everything the first world throws at you.....Ngannou is proof that isn't the case....So I question this "third world" tough bullshit that Rogan/Society spread around.

Rogans an idiot, rethink your life

I think it's a fair question and it's unfortunate that because of overly PC culture people feel the need to insult you in this thread.

The reality is neither side of this argument has the data to even begin to make a claim. You can just say "I think" which is really not much of anything.

The reality is we don't know. Postulating anything more is baseless speculation. I don't think you are a bigot for doing so. I just think you and your opposition have no idea what you're talking about.

This is all the evidence I have......You're right, we don't have data, like many of the war room discusions, it's just opinion and people's first hand experience.

I simply wanted to talk about this and see what other people thought.....I didn't expect anybody to say "Here's the link on this, it turns out that........"

It was simply something I noticed and wanted to see what people thought.

Nobody knows the absolute truth but some responses so far have been good like "What about someone from the rough life in Africa coming to the USA and facing a whole new form of pressure? Being mentally tough in the African bush/slum is not the same as being mentally tough in front of millions of people fighting for money."

Which is a great point and what I was thinking.....It's different sort of mental pressures, something third world/First World environments can't teach you much about.

Last edited:
I don't know about other third worlders but I can say with supreme confidence that I am tougher (not stronger or better at fighting) than Ngannou. I am only 200 lbs and best believe if I was paid like Ngannou to fight Lewis, I would bite down on my mouthpiece and fucking SWING for the fences.

Heck, maybe I land a lucky shot and put his ass the fuck out. More likely I get KOd but I damn sure will earn the respect of everyone watching for duking it out like a fuckin MAN instead of some scared rabbit who doesn't even throw a fuckin punch for 3 rounds.

Dude is 60 lbs bigger than me fighting a guy his own size and he has trained to do it for YEARS yet I'm the one with the bigger sack.

I don't know about other third worlders but I can say with supreme confidence that I am tougher (not stronger or better at fighting) than Ngannou. I am only 200 lbs and best believe if I was paid like Ngannou to fight Lewis, I would bite down on my mouthpiece and fucking SWING for the fences.

Heck, maybe I land a lucky shot and put his ass the fuck out. More likely I get KOd but I damn sure will earn the respect of everyone watching for duking it out like a fuckin MAN instead of some scared rabbit who doesn't even throw a fuckin punch for 3 rounds.

Dude is 60 lbs bigger than me fighting a guy his own size and he has trained to do it for YEARS yet I'm the one with the bigger sack.
Real Sherdogger!!!!! I salute you sir. Gimme 3 months and i wreck Heavyweight, i have the knowledge i just need the training. First world training 3rd world mentality, future GOAT.

I honestly don't know if you're a troll or just seriously, seriously dumb.. My gut tells me it's the latter.

No, his comments don't make him mentally weak. Simpletons like you use terms like that way too loosely. And secondly, Ngannou is still just one guy out of millions/billions of third worlders. He doesn't represent anyone but himself, and certainly shouldn't be used as the template of every other person to come from a 3rd world country.
His comments clearly mention fear....his actions in the cage was not engaging and being afraid to fight....That's 100% mentally weak...After Stipe, the first time he lost and faced adversity, he showed extreme fear in the cage.

and Im not saying Ngannou is prove that all third worlders(billions of people) are mentally weak......Im questioning the statement of Rogan/Society saying third worlders are mentally tougher(Which they seem to claim with every third worlder thus they are saying all third worlders are mentally tougher)...If anything Rogan/Society are using Ngannou as a template, since if Ngannou showed ZERO fear, they will be like "Third world toughness!" as one of his attributes.

So no, Im actually doing the opposite of stereotyping third worlders, unlike Rogan/Society.

Have you heard of this thing called an 'anecdote', and how it shouldn't be used to build larger arguments?

Makes sense but considering how many likes your comment has and the replies Im getting....

People see that comment and think Im the one doing the claim that Ngannou is 100% proof that Third worlders are mentally weaker.....

They did not think that your comment was about society but about me.
Sorry o_O

Tomorrow nobody will remember you or I made this comment. Dont worry about it.

Its cool. Its just sherdog. I dont dislike you as a poster and i dont think anyone would because of that.

Back