Is Ngannou proof that Third Worlders aren't mentally tougher than 1st Worlders like Society claims?

GOATER

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all heard Rogan, commentators, and society in general, claim that a person raised in third world conditions like in Africa, Russian Mountains(Khabib), etc will be way tougher, specifically mentally tougher than some person born in Los Angeles/New York/San Francisco or any other first world City/country.

However Ngannou disproves this theory...He was raised in harsher conditions than most first worlders, yet he feared getting beat by Lewis that he just froze up....He showed way more fear than most first worlders.

Yes, 1 guy does something and we can instantly apply what we observed to everyone else in that class

Completely plausible. Seems logical.

I think they get soft as soon as they get a taste of the good life. Besides life couldn't have been that tough when you can get away with rocking a man purse.
NgannouPurse.jpg

Black beast would make anyone scared. There ain't nothin like him in Africa.

How about all people are just different?

Yes, 1 guy does something and we can instantly apply to everyone else in that class

Completely plausible. Seems logical.
I never said all third worlders are mentally weaker than first worlders....I said the claim of third worlders being mentally tougher than first worlders doesn't seem like it's true in Ngannou's case.

So if it isn't true in Ngannou's case, it perhaps isn't true at all....and mental strength has nothing to do with the conditions a person was born in.

That's the exact opposite of what you claim I said.

I think it's a wider reflection on our society - we worry about things that arent important really wheras people who live in poverty in 3rd world countries have to strive so much to get the basics in life we take for granted. For sure I know a few people who would defondefin harden up and be better people if forced to live in those conditions for a year

I never said all third worlders are mentally weaker than first worlders....I said the claim of third worlders being mentally tougher than first worlders doesn't seem like it's true in Ngannou's case.

So if it isn't true in Ngannou's case, it perhaps isn't true at all....and mental strength has nothing to do with the conditions a person was born in.

That's the exact opposite of what you claim I said.
Thats kinda what the title implies though.

Its a spectrum... some will be and some wont.
I guess the "claim" as you put, would be 3rd worlders being more likely to develop mental thoughness. Not necessarily having by default.

I can see where it comes from, but think the emphasis people put on it is highly overrated though.

Last edited:
You ever notice why black
People are more blacker than other people. Except Michael Jackson. Whyss that?

His confidence got shattered by stipe immigrant mentality

Mental strength/weakness is completely relative just like most everything else. How Ngannou reacted during a fight has nothing to do with his mental capacity to things in general.

Didn't he start his career in France?

0i4jG6rmFtLd8DCsknADFuZWXSQKWeBeKIlCYaBdGp8.jpg

To paraphrase from Serbian, "the nicer your life is, the softer your dick gets". There's some truth to that. Where you're born doesn't matter, it's how you grow up.

Popeye chicken mentality >Immigrant mentality > respect for popeye chicken mentality > 3rd world mentality

That one fight proves nada, shit, nothing, squat, zilch...

Thats kinda what the title implies though.

Its a spectrum... some will be and some wont.
I guess the "claim" as you put, would be 3rd worlders being more likely to develop mental thoughness. Not necessarily having by default.

The claim is that third worlders are mentally tougher than 1st worlders...I heard society and joe rogan say this plenty of time.

The question I proposed is....Is Ngannou,the proof, that the claim done by Rogan/Society, isn't true?....So that alone was a question, it wasn't a claim.

and I think it's a very valid question, considering Ngannou, is one of the few third worlders who actually achieved a lot in a First world sport......and he mentally quit.

Like I said it's a valid question....and the skepticism is valid as well since Ngannou is the poster boy of a third worlder like UFC/Rogan claim.

3rd world mentality aint going to beat skill and cardio.

Back