Is Ngannou a future champ again?

Teddy Brukshot

Top Shotta
Banned
Reaction score
After getting rid of Blaydes for the second time does that mean that Ngannou is gonna be champ now?

No lol, Stipe took on what essentially is the best version of him, since he was undefeated I can't see how he puts up a better fight the 2nd time around knowing he almost died in the ring last time.

He's one of those guys that can beat anyone if he lands on them, he's a good guy to have in the division as it will always be interesting to watch how his opponents react to him.
I don't think he deserves a title shot just yet but I would love to see how DC would handle him.

I guess he is only one or at most two wins away from another shot

Yes
He will
DC will retire with the belt, salty Stipe will leave the UFC, and Francis will KO Black Beast in a rematch for the vacant belt.

Yes
He will
DC will retire with the belt, salty Stipe will leave the UFC, and Francis will KO Black Beast in a rematch for the vacant belt.
Lol, if this happens then yes, possibly!

Otherwise no, probably not, as somebody like Steve will negate his power and slowly dismantle him, again.

I think he can If he can hang around for another 2-5 years at the top. History has shown that the HW title never stays around 1 waist for long.

No; this win didn't show us anything we didn't already know. Ngannou has power and he won quickly with a knockout. However, he didn't show improved cardio, takedown defense, or ability to overcome adversity in a fight... a fight this short is not a good indicator of how much (if at all) he has improved. He still has huge gaps in his game

Yes he just became GOAT again after destroying Blaydes

Things are going to be wide open once Cormier retire, and it seems like that the hard reality check that Ngannou got was beneficial, so why not?

No lol, Stipe took on what essentially is the best version of him, since he was undefeated I can't see how he puts up a better fight the 2nd time around knowing he almost died in the ring last time.

Ngannou wasn't undefeated.

Nope.
0BVDX8g.gif

Stipe will be champ again.

He's midnight hyper.

All the hipsters getting up at midnight. Hyping him up the message boards while they do their reverse hypers.

Things are going to be wide open once Cormier retire, and it seems like that the hard reality check that Ngannou got was beneficial, so why not?

Ngannou wasn't undefeated.
Your right, I just remembered he lost to that 5'10-5'11' black dude who was undefeated for a minute then lost by tko or ko. I actually watched that fight to see if the smaller dude was some kind of DC , and I was pretty shocked to see how really shitty Ngannou's striking was and how bad the other guy looked as well.

He'll KO reem in a rematch and be given a title shot by the end of 2019

If it's against Stipe, he'll lose again and everything will be as it should be.

Vs DC, I think he wins. DC takes shots at heavyweight and he was lucky Stipe doesn't have KO power against anyone with a slight chin.

He will eventually. People act like Stipe destroyed him. Ngannou with horrible cardio and questionable gameplan was dangerous even in round 5. Postmatch Stipe was the one that looked more beaten up. Maybe francis got dominated but you can't really compare that fight with JDS vs Cain 2 & 3 where cain took 15 years out of jds. Still can't believe that JDS is just 34.

My point is Ngannou took no damage in ufc besides mentally but I dont think it affected him as much you would think, people just shit on someone when he is down. The guy is a freak and I am sure he will work on his weaknesses.

That's stupid. Guess you never heard the saying "learning from losses"? It was also only like 5 years into his MMA career and he is still (IIRC) the youngest fighter ranked in UFC's HW top 10. Stipe just got KTFO'ed by a LHW and Ngannou showed he can not only get back to his winning ways, but do so by KO in the first rnd against a top 5 opponent.

You must believe Stipe has no shot at beating DC either, huh? I mean...he almost got killed last time around when he got sent into oblivion.

I don't think he deserves a TS just yet but he'll get it and be champ sooner or later. He's really young as a HW so its inevitable really

That's stupid. Guess you never heard the saying "learning from losses"? It was also only like 5 years into his MMA career and he is still (IIRC) the youngest fighter ranked in UFC's HW top 10. Stipe just got KTFO'ed by a LHW and Ngannou showed he can not only get back to his winning ways, but do so by KO in the first rnd against a top 5 opponent.

You must believe Stipe has no shot at beating DC either, huh? I mean...he almost got killed last time around when he got sent into oblivion.
No, I thought DC had literally like a 10% chance of beating Stipe but he knew something we didn't and the rest is history.

Back