Is Neil Magny the only fighter in the modern era of the UFC to have 10 fights in 2 years?

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
Has to be a record.

Other than Magny, I can only think of Roger Huerta having 5 fights in one year.

But Magny has done this back to back now. 5 fights in 2014 and 5 fights in 2015. Going 9 - 1 in the process.

Does he get in another 5 fights this year? He's scheduled to fight Lombard in a month.

Dude is a fighter that doesn't back down to anyone and is constantly active, that's for sure. Respect!

For sure him and Cerrone have gotta be the most active UFC fighters in modern history.

I don't think Magny will take as many fights this year if he beats Lombard. He's earned himself a good ranking and some big fights.

Who knows though, the guy loves to fight. I think next year we will see him vs Wonderboy for the title (after Wonderboy KO's Lawler for the belt later this year).

Off topic : Lombard is gonna be a tough fight, Magny strikes me as a kind of fragile fighter and that's not a good thing against Hector. Will be rooting for Neil tough, I like him

Don't think it was as many but when you take into account how many times Jon Jones fought in such a short period of time and that they were all top ten/championship fights... that's pretty impressive as well.

For sure him and Cerrone have gotta be the most active UFC fighters in modern history.

I don't think Magny will take as many fights this year if he beats Lombard. He's earned himself a good ranking and some big fights.

Who knows though, the guy loves to fight. I think next year we will see him vs Wonderboy for the title (after Wonderboy KO's Lawler for the belt later this year).

Good call on Cerrone. Just looked, he had 5 fights in 2011 in the UFC, and he had 4 fights in 2013, 2014 & 2015. Both are seriously active. Mad props to them both.

Magny is good, there's no doubt about that, but I don't think he'll ever make top-5 or get a title shot.

Fighters seem to fight less and less frequently these days. Guys like Magny and Cerrone are certainly throwbacks. Not saying a fighter should fight too often, but I don't think 2-3 times a yr is too much to ask for the average fighter.

While not in UFC, King Mo is really active having fought 14 times in last 3 years

I hope he gets at least 3 fights before September. TCE, you know why :) Also I think he beats Lombard in an upset.

Magny is good, there's no doubt about that, but I don't think he'll ever make top-5 or get a title shot.
Nah he still has potential to I think brother. He's only 28, and has shown pretty good promise, and has had some impressive outings already. 28 is theoretically just getting into the meat of the Adult athletic prime of a male. Just needs to tighten up some areas which can be done with some smart training. He still has a good amount of time to continue to evolve, and try and make a splash on the sport.

Nah he still has potential to I think brother. He's only 28, and has shown pretty good promise, and has had some impressive outings already. 28 is theoretically just getting into the meat of the Adult athletic prime of a male. Just needs to tighten up some areas which can be done with some smart training. He still has a good amount of time to continue to evolve, and try and make a splash on the sport.
He may have the potential to get up into the top-5, but I think that right now the top 6 or 7 could beat him. I certainly wouldn't mind if Magny proved me wrong, but as things stand now, I don't believe he can crack the elite yet. Maybe in the future, after some of those top guys retire or move on, but not right now.

I agree Magny is underrated.

Hoping he beats Lombard, I have a good feeling he will

Has to be a record.

Other than Magny, I can only think of Roger Huerta having 5 fights in one year.

But Magny has done this back to back now. 5 fights in 2014 and 5 fights in 2015. Going 9 - 1 in the process.

Does he get in another 5 fights this year? He's scheduled to fight Lombard in a month.

Dude is a fighter that doesn't back down to anyone and is constantly active, that's for sure. Respect!
probably is, never thought about it before. Interesting though, good on Magny.

offtopic but kg won that fight and is the better fighter. he should campaign hard for a rematch. i am not saying it was a serious robbery though.

i feel lombard is a lock against magny. magny has a suspect chin.

props for being active I don't see why other fighters wouldn't want to be more active in their prime and retire earlier with the same amount of fights and paydays. too bad the roster is bloated.

I remember liking him when he was on TUF. He looked good until he got KO,d by Mike Ricci. I also remember Dana saying that, that was the worst season of TUF, talent wise, that they had ever had. So i guess he's doing pretty good considering.

Wonderboy will ko him, just as he was gonna do if their fight went ahead at UFC 195. Magny is good, but not top 10, good. He is good at everything, but not especially great at anything.

I remember liking him when he was on TUF. He looked good until he got KO,d by Mike Ricci. I also remember Dana saying that, that was the worst season of TUF, talent wise, that they had ever had. So i guess he's doing pretty good considering.

He's the only fighter still signed from that season, I believe. That season was terrible, but Magny has come so far since then.

He may have the potential to get up into the top-5, but I think that right now the top 6 or 7 could beat him. I certainly wouldn't mind if Magny proved me wrong, but as things stand now, I don't believe he can crack the elite yet. Maybe in the future, after some of those top guys retire or move on, but not right now.
For now you're most likely right. I feel he still has to many holes for present day.

Jones/Hamill was his 10th fight in 2 years, 7 of them were outside the UFC so I guess it doesn't really qualify though.

Back