Is Nate Marquardt done?

His name to the hardcores has dropped horribly and its almost depressing when it comes to the sport

Its like overnight as well. Like you forget he's there and when he fights you just know its not the same guy

I have nothing but respect for Nate. He been through a lot for sure, but what he shown in his last fight wasn't him at all. He looks scare and tentative. No fire and no heart. I don't think he going to last long in the UFC if he keeps on fighting this way.

The guys not been the same since he started being a cover model for mens fitness magazines. his body is fucked up and he can no longer 'hang' with ppl that are ufc calibre, was all the roids and trt to blame ? i think so

Yeah I did not enjoy watching he get beat by Tavares. Sadly I think he is proably done, which sucks because he wasn't that long ago that he did this.

1rlPc.gif

Yeah he's looked bad for a while. just doesn't seem to have it anymore. Whatever "it"was.

Hate to see Nate in this state after watching his explosiveness for many years but agree it might be time to hang it up, especially with his declining record and poor performances.

didn't Nate get dropped by woodley in that fight? I remember Nate not looking so good until Woodley gassed and got EPIC KO'd

didn't Nate get dropped by woodley in that fight? I remember Nate not looking so good until Woodley gassed and got EPIC KO'd

Yeah, Nate got dropped. It was a hell of a KO, but remember, this was a pretty green Woodley. He's a much improved fighter now.

Nate is done. No shame in that, he had a good run, but his body is done. His "10 year window" is closed (I have a half-baked fighter "10 year window theory", no matter when you start, you have 10 years before the training/fighting catches up and your body quits).Also, I'm sure being off PEDs isn't helping, that's pretty significant.

Didn't he KO woodley 2 years ago?

I think that was closer to three. I am referring to the skid he went on afterwards.

You know, I am not saying Marquardt should have retired then. It is very difficult for fighters to know when to hang them up. But he does not seem to have much left int he tank, and in retrospect, that has been true for some time now.

I respect the guy as a fighter. If he strings together a couple of good wins, I will gladly admit i am wrong.

He's definitely done. Like that GIF posted....crazy to think he murdered Woodley not too long ago, and look what Woodley has done in the UFC.

I think Nate ended himself when he, one of the most ripped middleweights, decided to cut to welterweight. His body just looks destroyed now. His physique is vastly different.

I think Nate ended himself when he, one of the most ripped middleweights, decided to cut to welterweight. His body just looks destroyed now. His physique is vastly different.

Could be.

Tavares is good standing, and has pretty good TDD. Marquardt always had problems with these guys, if he cant get the one punch KO, even when he was on PED's. Hell, he lost to Yushin Okami the same way he did to Tavares, backing up in the feet for 15 minuts

I remember when Nate was a beast and massive. I thought he was going to be the one to beat Silva.

Losing to Tavares means it is done for him, seriously Tavares acts like he is in a sparring match in there, people complain ground fighting is boring they need to watch a Brad Tavares fight

Back