Is Nate Marquardt done?

Linux34

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
His performance against Tavares was hard to watch and he's 1-4 in his last 5 fights.

His fight purse is 40k show + 40k win.

He could get lucky and get fed another guy like Te Huna and pocket more $$$ before retirement.

His Te Huna fight earned him 40/40 + 50 POTN so 130k.

Does he stick around for a few more 40k loss purses, get fed a can, retire, or does the UFC say he's too expensive?

Last edited:
what this really shows is
how bad is tehuna

Marquardt should not have lost to Brad "sparring" tavares. Nate should retire.

He looked old and awkward. Notice how he backed into the cage all the time like a 80 year old got pushed. Wtf was that?

Marquardt should not have lost to Brad "sparring" tavares. Nate should retire.

He looked old and awkward. Notice how he backed into the cage all the time like a 80 year old got pushed. Wtf was that?

Yeah I agree with your name for Tavares. Dude always looks like he's sparring hard.

Nate looked aweful for sure. Very sad. Age + Off TRT.

Marquardt was done two years ago. I mean no offense to the man or his legacy. He has had some great fights.

dont hate because shogun was looking good and fighting a perfect fight until hendo caught him.

Im not saying Shogun is bad its just funny that tehuna made me believe Shogun was back. When tehuna just seems to be that bad or just has the worst luck lol

And lets be honest here, Shogun is my guy but both him and hendo looked like shit :(

Im not saying Shogun is bad its just funny that tehuna made me believe Shogun was back. When tehuna just seems to be that bad or just has the worst luck lol

And lets be honest here, Shogun is my guy but both him and hendo looked like shit :(

ok gotcha..yeah how dissappointing was the osp fight? hard to watch especially since he broke his nose again.

Yeah. I was hoping for him his last fight - thought he had more in him. Anyone can get KOed by Jake or Hector.

Nope. He's done now.

added to front post.

Last edited:
Marquardt was done two years ago. I mean no offense to the man or his legacy. He has had some great fights.

This.

I was surprised at just how bad he looked against Tavares, I thought he'd win that fight.

He'll get someone like Dollaway next and if he loses, he'll be released and will probably retire.

He used to be peculiarly explosive and athletic, and that is completely gone now. Definitely not the same guy anymore, and even just a couple years ago he bulldozed the shit out of Woodley.

Back