Is Nate Diaz still in his prime?

Well his win over MJ (a fight that very few folks thought he'd win against a legit top 10 dude) proved that he hasn't hit the past-his-prime-age just yet.

Folks were saying he had nothing for Johnson, was going to get lit up on the feet, etc., etc...
notice the trend with this fight to i see. smart guy. conor will light him up etc etc. i expect same outcome

He just beat Michael Johnson not that I expect a casual clinger to know who he is or how good he is they only keep up with who has the belt and who they are fighting.

You mean the great MJ who is 8 - 6 in the UFC and was coming off a loss to Dariush?

Nate can still hit his prime. He can mature and start handling his emotions better like Nick, which I think he showed that he did A LOT at the press conference. Most people expected him to get all heated and butthurt but he actually had it go the other way.

He can and probably will go on another great win streak, it might not start with Conor but people thinking he is gonna get smoked are gonna be sad cats

Physically yes, career wise remains to be seen.

Well his win over MJ (a fight that very few folks thought he'd win against a legit top 10 dude) proved that he hasn't hit the past-his-prime-age just yet.

Folks were saying he had nothing for Johnson, was going to get lit up on the feet, etc., etc...

So true. Nate in shape and ready to go is a tough fucking night for anyone. I don't imagine he'll squander this opportunity to end a hype train.

Said it before AB, this is a fight for the ages. More and more excited each day.

He wasn't knocked out by Conor......He was knocked out by Edgar, and Chad's been on vacation ever since.

Ahem.

giphy.gif

He never reached his prime because he kept getting suspended. This guy was the hottest prospect to ever come out of TUF imo, including Rashad. He had like 5-6 post-fight bonuses in a row.

Nate has never been suspended except for a brief code of conduct suspension, get your Diaz bros straightened out.

Yes. He's still got about 4 years of age and half a dozen more fights before he's no longer in his prime, barring a serious beating or two taking some time off him.

I dunno, it's hard to tell if his best days are behind him or he's just facing better competition. He looked great against MJ who had been looking good lately. I don't see him winning this fight. I'd love it if he did but he just seemed a bit unconfident at the press conference

Pfft. Nate OBVIOUSLY proved he is in his prime intellectually during the press conference if you ask me

Back