Is Nate Diaz still in his prime?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Yes i believe this dude had a prime. When he beat Cowboy gomi and Miller in a row.

Is he still that good?

Well his win over MJ (a fight that very few folks thought he'd win against a legit top 10 dude) proved that he hasn't hit the past-his-prime-age just yet.

Folks were saying he had nothing for Johnson, was going to get lit up on the feet, etc., etc...

Last edited:
He never reached his prime because he kept getting suspended. This guy was the hottest prospect to ever come out of TUF imo, including Rashad. He had like 5-6 post-fight bonuses in a row.

I don't think so.

Yes he is only 30 bro
It's the miles that matter. Couture was collecting social security when he has his first fight, as was DC. Chad Mendes is likely past his prime and he's 30-ish.​

I think Nate is just now in his prime. In the big scheme of things, that lull he had where he wasn't very active may end up being a good thing for him

I guess his little run from 2011-2012 could be considered his prime but that was only 3 fights. Imo he hasn't had a real prime and probably never will. Him and Nick are good but will never be able to beat everybody in their divisions. They're bad matchups for top level guys and big players in their divisions like Nate showed against Cowboy and Michael Johnson and could even be a bad matchup for champs in their division depending on who it is at the time like Nick against Robbie Lawler potentially and Nate against the recent version of Anthony Pettis but there will always be guys like Rafael dos Anjos and Georges St. Pierre who are their kryptonite.

He's not out of his prime, but that's what mcgregor haters will say after he gets slept. Same thing with Aldo.

Saturday will answer a few questions. If Diaz pulls it out, people will most likely be saying he is just now hitting his peak. If he loses a close fight, same thing. If he gets absolutely mauled, sherdoggers will be screaming at him to call it quits.

Nate primed out around the Cowboy and Miller fights before Bendo. After losing to Benson he sorta stopped giving a shit until recently he looked GREAT against MJ

cjIHWoO.jpg

Yea Chad didn't take long enough off after being knocked out. Plus the IV ban seems to be getting to some chins.

He wasn't knocked out by Conor......He was knocked out by Edgar, and Chad's been on vacation ever since.

Nate primed out around the Cowboy and Miller fights before Bendo. After losing to Benson he sorta stopped giving a shit until recently he looked GREAT against MJ

cjIHWoO.jpg
Who gives a fuck? He looked like shit this fight.

He hasn't been the Nate who destroyed Gomi or Maynard in a Loooong ass time.

So yeah..I think he's past it.

He just beat Michael Johnson not that I expect a casual clinger to know who he is or how good he is they only keep up with who has the belt and who they are fighting.

Back