Is Myprotein.com legit?

RemyR

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Been buying from them for a while now and they seem way too good to be true in terms of pricing and discounts compared to other brands, like suspiciously so. Anyone know something I don't about them?

They are famous for their cheap "Impact Whey Protein" which is protein from cheese, not milk, not good. They also use soy lecithin (and probably gmo) on almost everything (like many companies though) as emulsifier.

Well shit, wish I knew that months ago. Oh well.

How about their Isolate? That's still looking like a good deal if it's legit

If youre from the uk i can recommend protein dynamix

They make the best flavours i have come across

If youre from the uk i can recommend protein dynamix

They make the best flavours i have come across

From the US, but thanks for the recommendation. And I'm more concerned with quality than flavor, although at the same time I refuse to drink liquid chalk.

Good ol' Optimum Nutrition is recommended on most places as reliable.

Best tasting protein powder I ever got my hands on was Herbalife.

Dymatize gets an honorable mention as far as I'm concerned.

They are famous for their cheap "Impact Whey Protein" which is protein from cheese, not milk, not good. They also use soy lecithin (and probably gmo) on almost everything (like many companies though) as emulsifier.

Where did you get that info from?

Whey, by definition, is a by product of cheese making. What makes you think MP is any different to other firms? Also, even if it was, why would it matter?

I've been using Impact Whey on and off for years. It's great. Mixes well, tastes good, no foaming, no stomach problems, high in protein, great value etc etc. Nothing wrong with it.

MyProtein are legit.

How about their Isolate? That's still looking like a good deal if it's legit

It's fine if you think you really need an isolate, which you almost certainly don't. There is nothing special about any of these protein powders really. They're just a source of protein. You don't need to get fancy with it.

Bulk Powders are also a good firm for cheap protein.

Where did you get that info from?

Whey, by definition, is a by product of cheese making. What makes you think MP is any different to other firms? Also, even if it was, why would it matter?

I've been using Impact Whey on and off for years. It's great. Mixes well, tastes good, no foaming, no stomach problems, high in protein, great value etc etc. Nothing wrong with it.

MyProtein are legit.
It mixes well thanks to the Soy Lecithin. Like i said, MP aren't the only ones. Consumers have a lot of reading to do.

According to you, what is the difference between their Isolat Whey Protein and their (Isolat) Impact Whey Native 95?

It mixes well thanks to the Soy Lecithin. Like i said, MP aren't the only ones. Consumers have a lot of reading to do.

According to you, what is the difference between their Isolat Whey Protein and their (Isolat) Impact Whey Native 95?

I've not bothered reading up on all their products and I've no interest in isolates as I believe they are largely a waste of money unless you have stomach issues with standard whey. A brief read indicates they use a membrane technology to extract the Native 95 whey rather than the usual by-product of cheese making. Sounds impressive and you get a higher protein % but again, who really cares? You eat it to get extra protein and either is fine.

I don't want to get into a discussion about supposed health concerns on GMOs or soy or lecithin etc.
I've no issue with GMO foods from a health perspective and I've no issue with a bit of lecithin. if people have special requirements excluding these then there are products they can find.

The TS's question was whether MP is "legit". I'm saying they are a perfectly decent supplier, same as many bigger, more expensive brands. They're pretty open as to what they put in their products and the ingredients list is short. People can make their own minds up as to what is important but the answer to the question is "yes, they're legit" IMO.

Last edited:
Myprotein was okay but I really liked gaspari's precision protein. flavor and texture of the Neapolitan flavor was great. i got a 2lb tub for $30 so its pretty decent price wise too

I've not bothered reading up on all their products and I've no interest in isolates as I believe they are largely a waste of money unless you have stomach issues with standard whey. A brief read indicates they use a membrane technology to extract the Native 95 whey rather than the usual by-product of cheese making. Sounds impressive and you get a higher protein % but again, who really cares? You eat it to get extra protein and either is fine.

I don't want to get into a discussion about supposed health concerns on GMOs or soy or lecithin etc.
I've no issue with GMO foods from a health perspective and I've no issue with a bit of lecithin. if people have special requirements excluding these then there are products they can find.

The TS's question was whether MP is "legit". I'm saying they are a perfectly decent supplier, same as many bigger, more expensive brands. They're pretty open as to what they put in their products and the ingredients list is short. People can make their own minds up as to what is important but the answer to the question is "yes, they're legit" IMO.

You probably also don't care about the propylene glycol in most of the flavoring in the industry. Good for you bro'.

To answer TS' question, considering the whey industry, MP is legit.

Last edited:
I s my protein legit? I don't know, how many kids you got out there?

I've been using them for over a decade.

Never had a problem with them.

I'd suggest TS to hit a plateau in terms of gains and strength in every parts of his body with real food (combining different protein sources) THEN if really necessary, use whey.

i used to think my protein was one of the best brands

it is not?

they are first on labdoor.com

supplements are scam. fuck are u buying them for seriously?

Back