Is MVP legit if he wins the tourney?

I'm assuming he means this weekend he will face a top 15.

As for TS question, yes he'd obviously be legit with wins over Daley, Koreshkov/Lima and Fitch/Rory (or Neiman Gracie no matter how unlikely).

That trio of victories would make him a top 5 ww.
Daley ain't top 15.

Maybe top 15 in Bellator, definitely not in the world.

Edit: I realized you were speaking of someone else's post....

Legit!? The winner of the tourney is arguably the best in the division, if not top 3 for sure. MVP may have to beat Daley, Lima and Rory, who's stock will all be higher due to winning their respective fights.

He would also be undefeated and champion with means a lot. Khabib who is also undefeated has 2 really good wins over Conor (who had a long lay off) and RDA. You could argue that Lima and Rory are similar quality wins.

There are plenty of great prospects raising eyebrows in Bellator.

Watch instead of getting opinions from Bellator haters in the Heavies forum and you'd be aware that their future is in great hands.

Pico may not even be the best prospect at 145 lol. He gets the hype, and definitely has the tools, but AJ McKee could end up being the 145er who becomes great.

A win over Daly goes along way to legitimizing his mma striking. Still won't show he's able to actually compete againt dangerous in all areas opponent. You know Daley is only coming to strike, so he's predictable.

He is a good boxer, a really good one in MMA. But he is also old (50+ fights in 15 years) and much smaller compared to MVP. Like I said, it took MVP 7 years to fight a top 15 guy. Wonder how many more decades it'll take him before he steps up to a top 5.

His next fight obviously

Oh wait is this Bellator?

Didn’t that outfit just have a “HW GP” where half the guys were LHWs and the rest were pretty much over the hill HWs?

Weren’t a couple of the LHWs over the hill too?

giphy.gif
Lol Oedzemir, Smith, Volkov and Derrick Lewis are top 5 UFC LHWs and HWs and they washed out of Bellator. These damn fanboys always find a way to make themselves look stupid.

Lol Oedzemir, Smith, Volkov and Derrick Lewis are top 5 UFC LHWs and HWs and they washed out of Bellator. These damn fanboys always find a way to make themselves look stupid.

Volkov was Bellator hw champ and 6-3 in Bellator.

Anthony Smith was 2-0 in Bellator. An undefeated wash out.

Last edited:
I like MVP, but he's not gonna win the tournament. If he did that would prove he is beyond legit.

What a silly question. If he beats Daley, it doesn't really prove anything. If he beats Lima (#10WW, imo) or Rory (#3WW, imo) he will be very much legitimized.

Volkov was Bellator hw champ and 6-3 in Bellator.

Anthony Smith was 2-0 in Bellator. An undefeated wash out.
Lol then why they ain’t with Bellator anymore? You guys are so pathetic in your fanboyism. Smh. Just admit it. You’re a fanboy.

Oh wait is this Bellator?

Didn’t that outfit just have a “HW GP” where half the guys were LHWs and the rest were pretty much over the hill HWs?

Weren’t a couple of the LHWs over the hill too?

giphy.gif
Can't defend the over the hill, bc that's 100% true, but those fighters all had name value.

I've explained this numerous times, everyone ignores it to move along with their own (false) narrative. This was a HWGP in name only, bc they legally can't call it what it really was. Coker gave us an OWGP, under the guise of a HWGP, bc OW fights aren't within the rules. But if you get smaller fighters (Sonnen) who can stay within the HW limits, having an OWGP isn't an issue. They had HWs, LHWs, and a MW in that tourney. It was OW, everyone just happened to be within the legal limits for it to happen.

Now, if it had been able to be called an OWGP, nothing would have changed. Every single fighter in the tourney would have still participated, and all would have been the exact same weights in which they fought. The only real difference would be that those who ridicule it would only have age numbers to hate with, but also people generally probably would have been more excited for it, like people always are for OW tourneys.

Coker gave us an OW tourney and circumvented the rules of the commission. It was actually brilliant on his part.

I like MVP, but he's not gonna win the tournament. If he did that would prove he is beyond legit.
Him beating Daley wouldn't shock me, Lima however is a different level entirely, if he beats Lima (I dont think he would) that would be a big statement

MVP already legit. He beats Rory / Lima/ both - he skyrockets up usa today's welter class.
I see him dispatching semtex rather easily and rhat would speak some volume .

People comparing pico- mvp is just laughable " at this point"

im gonna stand by my prediction that if MVP beats daley he will drop out of the rest of the tourney and claim an injury or something along those lines. the daley matchup is favorable and his biggest rivalry, the rest of the fights dont really do much for him unless hes serious about showing he can beat top competition - which he isnt serious about, imo. i dont think he'd continue on to fight whoever it is whether its rory, lima or someone else.

I'm 100% with you.
I hope we are wrong though.

Lol then why they ain’t with Bellator anymore? You guys are so pathetic in your fanboyism. Smh. Just admit it. You’re a fanboy.

Why would someone leave the minor leagues for the majors?

Hmmm I don't know

If you really think Bellator is equal to the Ufc you're so deluded that you need to look in the mirror before calling people shills
Who said that? I just ain’t a shill scrub like you who thinks UFC is the best automatically. Bellator ain’t minor league. You’re just spineless and can’t think for yourself. Everything UFC tells you you believe. Pathetic.

Back