Is Munoz the worst NCAA/MMA wrestler?

Name 20 better MW's.

Chris Weidman, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, Anderson Silva, Ronaldo Souza, Luke Rockhold, Tim Kennedy, Mamed Khalidov, Yushin Okami, Yoel Romero, Thales Leites, Costas Pilippou, Alexander Shelmenko, Gegard Mousasi, CB Dollaway, are all definitely ahead of him. That's 15 right there.

Then you have Bisping, Tim Boetsch, Jesse Taylor, Roger Gracie, Brad Tavares, Alen Belcher are all around his exact level.

In conclusion, it is very possible to see Munoz as outside the Top 20.

Chris Weidman, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, Anderson Silva, Ronaldo Souza, Luke Rockhold, Tim Kennedy, Mamed Khalidov, Yushin Okami, Yoel Romero, Thales Leites, Costas Pilippou, Alexander Shelmenko, Gegard Mousasi, CB Dollaway, are all definitely ahead of him. That's 15 right there.

Then you have Bisping, Tim Boetsch, Jesse Taylor, Roger Gracie, Brad Tavares, Alen Belcher are all around his exact level.

You do know he KO'd Dollaway and beat the hell out of Boetsch, right? Also I think he beats Shelmenko's who's not a big MW and I think he could beat Kennedy and Leites.

No. Mark Munoz has really good scrambles and control. He's a really hard guy to hold down. He doesn't have a great shot which is why people act like he isn't a really good wrestler.

There is a reason Munoz beat Maia on the ground and Chael Sonnen got dumped on his head.

You do know he KO'd Dollaway and beat the hell out of Boetsch, right? Also I think he beats Shelmenko's who's not a big MW and I think he could beat Kennedy and Leites.

So what? I didn't say he's never beat them, but time has moved forward like always. I could see Boetsch beating Munoz. I can see Dollaway beating Munoz. Plus I said they're on his level. Not that he'd lose.

A lot of these are pretty speculative. There's no way to say for sure if they're better than Munoz or not. Using MMAmath though, you could put him above some of these names.

And including guys that he's already beaten is pretty disingenuous.

KO'd CB, brutalized Boetsch, and he beats Leites and Phillipou. Phillipou he beats easily.

Gracie gasses within 2 minutes.

A lot of these are pretty speculative. There's no way to say for sure if they're better than Munoz or not. Using MMAmath though, you could put him above some of these names.

And including guys that he's already beaten is pretty disiingenuous.

Absolutely. The guy just said name 20. I gave 15 possibles and then felt the last 5-7 were "near his level but not necessarily above him".

Just rising to the occasion to make an argument.

KO'd CB, brutalized Boetsch,
Yup and I think he loses the rematches

and he beats Leites and Phillipou. Phillipou he beats easily. Gracie gasses within 2 minutes.

That's speculation, just like what I put up. Guy asked for 20. I gave 15, then 5-7 possibly-highers. Munoz is on the downturn. Unless he goes TRT or Roids he's going to keep falling.

Absolutely. The guy just said name 20. I gave 15 possibles and then felt the last 5-7 were "near his level but not necessarily above him".

I'd say you made a good point if you named 20 that could actually beat him. Instead, you had to resort to listing names of fighters he's beaten.

I'd say you made a good point if you named 20 that could actually beat him. Instead, you had to resort to listing names of fighters he's beaten.

I'm not trying to win an argument, dummy. I'm just giving the names that y'all can sit and bicker about. I give zero f#cks.

And Lolz on "that can actually beat him" so your hypothetical world beats mine just cuz?

So very wish I had impressed you though. Now what will I do without making a positive impression on you?

Yup and I think he loses the rematches

That's speculation, just like what I put up. Guy asked for 20. I gave 15, then 5-7 possibly-highers. Munoz is on the downturn. Unless he goes TRT or Roids he's going to keep falling.

Well then I agree but I think that just shows how pointless rankings can be, especially beyond the top 10.

Well then I agree but I think that just shows how pointless rankings can be, especially beyond the top 10.

100% agree with you there. I just supplied the ammo. You all can fight over who goes where. :icon_twis

The worst??
No not be any stretch.......the worst ones don't stick around and unless you actually following wrestling you're not gonna know who they are, but
Royce alger

Kevin jackson
Were pretty damn decorated wrestlers who looked pretty damn average in mma

MilesAbove exposed ITT

You have a weird definition of "exposed".

Here's a guy dancing though
i-don-t-care-dance-o.gif

So what? I didn't say he's never beat them, but time has moved forward like always. I could see Boetsch beating Munoz. I can see Dollaway beating Munoz. Plus I said they're on his level. Not that he'd lose.

You do realize that Munoz lost to Machida and Mousasi, right?

How would Boetsch and Dollaway look if they fought those two? I doubt they would fair much better than Munoz did.

You do realize that Munoz lost to Machida and Mousasi, right?

How would Boetsch and Dollaway look if they fought those two? I doubt they would fair much better than Munoz did.

I ain't mad at Munoz. He's just not the guy. He's a true UFC-level fighter. But he's not going to be the elite guy some thought he would be. It's no shame.

Now calm down.

Munoz is probably the best example of how great wrestling credentials does not aromatically transfer to someone being great at mma wrestling

i think he doesn't fight very intelligently at times, a very solid and good fighter. Just not elite and gets outclassed by the top level guys. In fairness he's just fought two horrible matchups for him in mousasi and machida. He will still excel against lower competition

Back