Is mma the only sport that gives warnings when someone breaks the rules

2 minute warning in the nfl!!

but seriously they give sideline warnings in ftball. soccer they give those cards. tennis they give warnings but I don't understand it

It's part of the ritual theater of baseball to warn both benches before starting to eject pitchers for deliberately throwing at batters. Happens all the time.

Should be able to give free kick like in soccer, and the guy can defend but can't move or counter till you mare contact

Most sports resign themselves to the fact that in such physical events rules will be bent or occasionally broken commonly.

It's left up to ref discretion as far as how strictly they choose to enforce every rule.

Yea it sucks.

1 or 2 warnings is ok. Yet, fighters do get to save their asses by grabbing fences or shorts in pivotal moments and not be reprimanded.

Watch a basketball game

Rugby - ref will repeatedly warn players for minor infringements before handing out a penalty.

In rugby there are plenty of warnings, if its doesn't stop, then people get cards and go to the "Box"

Pretty much every, if not every sport in the world, will give you a warning if you break the rules.

It's apprehensible that mma fighters get away with breaking the rules, especially when they get caught in the act.
Sometimes-I-use-big-words-I-dont-always-fully-understand.jpg

Football (not handegg) gives yellow cards as warnings.

the reality is that its legal to break the rules once or twice - people get really pissed when points are taken, so that provides an optimal time to get away w breaking the rules once or twice - kick someone in the nuts once, apologize, poke them in the eye once, apologize and tap gloves, etc. - sad realities

Happens in basketball too. Going to the line after 5 team fouls, which are essentially are warnings. Hell you even hear refs in the football field telling guys to keep it clean or he's going to call the penalties.

Back