Is Mike Perry the best prospect in the UFC at the moment?

Perry is a one note brawler with shit fight iq who will be lucky to have a .500 record in the ufc by the time he's jettisoned

I love the perry hype train, but seriously vincente luque is in the same weight class, is better, and same age

I would say if your exiting your athletic prime your not really a prospect anymore, you are closer to a finished product.
Don't know who you're talking about specifically, but a lot of guys start late in mma. the whole "done improving at 30" has been shown to be wrong by a number of guys

No he isn't, I think he is a very interesting prospect but he needs to continue to work towards better competitors and develop his game as a whole.

Don't know who you're talking about specifically, but a lot of guys start late in mma. the whole "done improving at 30" has been shown to be wrong by a number of guys
Name one guy hat added new techniques and improved greatly after 33 other then TRT Victor Gracie.

Name one guy hat added new techniques and improved greatly after 33 other then TRT Victor Gracie.
Added new techniques and improved greatly aren't the same thing. a lot of guys changed their games up without improving greatly. randy and hendo are the most obvious examples of guys who continued to get better into their mid to late thirties. Stipe Miocic is 34 and still looking better every fight. Werdum greatly improved his striking and overall fight IQ at or after the age of 33.

Those four are off the top of my head, although I did have to Google Stipe's age to make sure. I'm sure there are many more that I didn't think of instantaneously.

Dude ko's a can and the Sherbro's are gargling his nut nectar.

No he's not the best prospect, he hasn't even fought a wrassler yet.

Added new techniques and improved greatly aren't the same thing. a lot of guys changed their games up without improving greatly. randy and hendo are the most obvious examples of guys who continued to get better into their mid to late thirties. Stipe Miocic is 34 and still looking better every fight. Werdum greatly improved his striking and overall fight IQ at or after the age of 33.

Those four are off the top of my head, although I did have to Google Stipe's age to make sure. I'm sure there are many more that I didn't think of instantaneously.
What was Hendos record post TRT? Werdum is a good example but the guy was already top 15 for like ten years before that. I'm just sawing the word prospect should be reserved for it is like in other sports. When you are on the verge of being on the downside of your athletic prime you are closer to a finished product. This is a huge step up for him. His toughest opponent was Blaydes so far so it's hard to gauge what he is. Hamilton is awful and was a step down from his previous fight.

What was Hendos record post TRT? Werdum is a good example but the guy was already top 15 for like ten years before that. I'm just sawing the word prospect should be reserved for it is like in other sports. When you are on the verge of being on the downside of your athletic prime you are closer to a finished product. This is a huge step up for him. His toughest opponent was Blaydes so far so it's hard to gauge what he is. Hamilton is awful and was a step down from his previous fight.
I'm just saying that a fighter's peak often does not align with the generally accepted "athletic prime." The number of fights they've been in often has just as much (or more) of an impact as their age.

A prospect is anyone showing potential with an upward trajectory who hasn't been tested against top competition yet. Miocic was a 30 year old prospect.

I've been a member of this forum since 2010. However I'm still trying to figure out whether all of these posts and threads about Mike Perry are legit or sarcastic?

Like, he is clearly a modern day Chris Leben. He's never going to be a champion, he throws constant haymakers while eating punches chin first.

So, this is all sarcastic because we all know he's a terrible fighter right?

The best prospect that comes to mind is Lando. Perry is interesting but he strikes me as a wild brawler who will get shut down by a skilled striker whenever he faces one.

I've been a member of this forum since 2010. However I'm still trying to figure out whether all of these posts and threads about Mike Perry are legit or sarcastic?

Like, he is clearly a modern day Chris Leben. He's never going to be a champion, he throws constant haymakers while eating punches chin first.

So, this is all sarcastic because we all know he's a terrible fighter right?

I suspect that a good portion of it is a joke, and the rest is sheep behavior because Perry is the flavor of the month. At the very least he is unproven.

JgUnZsC.jpg
Is that sperm running down his cheeks? Reminds me of this...
dear-batman-i-came-in-your-mask.jpg

I actually like you.

But you need to smarten up, man. Two fuckin UFC wins. Yet he came within 20 secs of a UD loss in his last fight. He's a scrub fighting other scrubs. And I'm just tired of this troll job you guys are pulling.

None of you are that fucking stupid. And I have no desire to have my reading cluttered up with bullshit like this. Knock it off, bro. It's not cool. It's just annoying as fuck.

I actually like you.

But you need to smarten up, man. Two fuckin UFC wins. Yet he came within 20 secs of a UD loss in his last fight. He's a scrub fighting other scrubs. And I'm just tired of this troll job you guys are pulling.

None of you are that fucking stupid. And I have no desire to have my reading cluttered up with bullshit like this. Knock it off, bro. It's not cool. It's just annoying as fuck.

You tell him, @thatKid won't stop trolling these forums, and to be frank with you im plain sick and tired of him talking about Platinum.

Reported.

You couldn't even wait for him to win this weekend before making this thread??

Going to go with Charles Rosa. 4 fights in the UFC, losing to Dennis Siver (top 10 at the time and his first UFC fight) and Yair Rodriguez. Bith of which were fight of the night and end qith him on top throwing punches at the bell. Kids tough as hell and has a bright future ahead but generally goes under the radar as a prospect.

Back