Is Mike Goldberg ever coming back to the UFC?

UFC is a shitshow and dieing these days (huge if true)
They don’t deserve the Goatbergs presence at this point anymore

Maybe if WME ever sells the ufc.

giphy.gif

Anik is way more competent. The only thing Goldie had going for him was his voice. I think that new guy Fitzgerald is the best of both worlds. Better voice than Anik, not as incompetent as Goldie.

Goldberg is the Ultimate voice of MMA just like that one dude is the voice of the Dodgers.

Goldie seems like a super nice guy, but he was essentially incompetent towards the end.

I literally missed important moments in fights because I was involuntarily eye rolling at the stupid shit pouring out of Goldie's mouth.

I'm glad he's gone.

Anik used to be a robot, but he's loosened up a lot.

I'll take Anik over Goldie any day of the week.

Goldberg had ringside seats for fuck knows how many UFC events, and somehow still sounded like a casual. Can't say I miss him.

I'm indifferent toward him, but it was his job to sound like a casual. There were times when he would drop in some knowledge and I know he was getting training from Sityodtong for a while, but his whole role was to be the person who was experiencing this stuff for one of the first times. Yes, some of his coke fueled ramblings and questions were really really dumb. Goldyisms are great if stupid. But he was supposed to sound like a casual and ask casual questions to get Rogan to explain stuff to the audience instead of just saying stuff like "Rubber guard" and "Its in deep, I think he's got it" without context, especially since the majority of the time the submission wouldnt be locked in and the guy would escape (I say guy since this phenomenon is mostly pre-UFCWMMA) and a casual would have no idea what was happening.

UFC is/was a product the audience is being sold, since UFC1. Goldberg might have sounded like a clueless tool, but watch any infomercial and he sounds like a PhD. He was good for the UFC product in ways that Anik and Cruz arent, because he's a salesman doing a job for the masses instead of a MMA guy talking experience to the hardcores.

Ariel Helwani also shaves his head, but he's far from "bald". If you look at the rate he's receding over the last 10 years, it would take at least another 20 for him to be considered bald, if not more.

7Fp5aTI.jpg

Right now he just has a shaved head, that's all.

He honestly resembles a Nazi anti-Jew propaganda poster circa 1938.

Goldberg was the voice of the UFC and he should still be there.. His screw ups were also part of the show. God Bless Goldie..

Rewatching UFC 207 right now... in honor of the greatest MMA commentator of all time.

I'm indifferent toward him, but it was his job to sound like a casual. There were times when he would drop in some knowledge and I know he was getting training from Sityodtong for a while, but his whole role was to be the person who was experiencing this stuff for one of the first times. Yes, some of his coke fueled ramblings and questions were really really dumb. Goldyisms are great if stupid. But he was supposed to sound like a casual and ask casual questions to get Rogan to explain stuff to the audience instead of just saying stuff like "Rubber guard" and "Its in deep, I think he's got it" without context, especially since the majority of the time the submission wouldnt be locked in and the guy would escape (I say guy since this phenomenon is mostly pre-UFCWMMA) and a casual would have no idea what was happening.

UFC is/was a product the audience is being sold, since UFC1. Goldberg might have sounded like a clueless tool, but watch any infomercial and he sounds like a PhD. He was good for the UFC product in ways that Anik and Cruz arent, because he's a salesman doing a job for the masses instead of a MMA guy talking experience to the hardcores.

Lorenzo...is that you?

Goldie was the GOAT. everyone else is so vanilla.

"HIS PRECISION IS PRECISE JOE!"

Back