Is Megan Anderson expected to 'Holly Holm' Nunes?

" expected " ....lol, no.
Rousey shouldve never been that big a favorite over Holm at the time with styles & size alone. The UFC hype machine could be blamed for that. Could Megan pull off ruthian upset ? Sure....not likely but anything can happen. Nunes the real deal complete mmartist and the biggest weakness I can see coming in is her recent " civilian " life. Shes a bad bitch ( I mean that as compliment) so I dont see the upset here. At some point, itll happen ( probably) but I dont see it here. Although I do see the betting odds a bit ambitious.

nunes is actually proven and a legitimate mma fighter (well rounded skills) - ronda was marketing and timing.

Megan is a giant glorified bimbo who is going to get crushed.

I understand having to have a fight at 145 if you're champ but it's pointless - 145 is basically megan and nunes.

Better fight would have been GDR vs Nunes 2

Nunes doesn’t really have holes in her game.
stamina and heart - the GDR fight highlighted this as nunes did her best conor imitation and panic wrestled after she could not take out GDR right away.

But megan is not anywhere as skilled as Germaine and is going to get worked.

Anderson is basically just a body for Nunes, as is pretty much any female at 145 or 135 at this point. There isn’t any interesting fights for Nunes right now. Anderson is rightfully a massive underdog and it would be considered shocking in my book if she was competitive let alone if she won.

Megan = Holly Holms

In the sense that Nunes will absolutly smoke Megan like she did with Holmes

In hindsight, Ronda had gigantic holes in her game and was very one-dimensional, and got exposed by a much superior striker.

Amanda doesn't have such holes that we know of and has proven her worth against legit 'modern era' talents like Valentina, Holly, GDR and Cyborg, all of whom seem to be superior to Megan in almost every way.

The only person to outstrike her somewhat has been GDR, who's a MT champion and much better than Anderson on the feet. Valentina made it close, but she's much better everywhere, although not nearly as big, so I guess there's that factor.

Megan got grapplefucked by Holly and Spencer, Amanda could do the same or outstrike her, or both. I guess Megan has size and reach to a level that is uncommon to see in the female divisions, but I just don't see where she can win the fight, unless she has made some big improvements recently, or Amanda has been doing the mother thing and not training seriously. I give her as much of a chance as Spencer.

Last edited:
It depends, has Rogan called Nunez a "once in a lifetime atlethe" yet??

Megan bout to get 'Momed" by the Champ Champ.

Mom Champ Champ Shit Only

#MCCSO2021

1eeT.gif

I feel like the actual Holly Holm has a better chance than Megan

Its gotten so old hearing the Rousey was all hype nonsense. She literally DESTROYED everyone that was put in front of her and put WMMA on the map. I'm not a Rousey fan at all, I don't like her personality, but saying she was never good, or she was all hype, or whatever lazy statement u can make about her bc she lost her last 2 fights, is just stupid. Even though Sherdog hates WMMA, especially Rousey, doesn't mean she wasn't a badass during her championship run. the most dominate champ in the sport at that time. And thats just facts

Now release the hate!!! also what the hell was even the point of this thread

I suggested she was a product of hype, I didn't say she was all hype. Then again, if she "DESTROYED" soccer moms, then Nunes obliterated actual decent opponents, when you realize that while Rousey's best win is about Miesha's level, that's Nunes' worst win level. :rolleyes:

i just hope Amanda tries to show her toughness and gets caught by a punch

i want to win me some sweet eCash

I remember When Cyborg was campaigning for a fight vs Cindy Dandois, because at the Time she was the only one to beat Anderson.

What a pathetic division.

To tell the truth I remember when Cyborg dropped out of a planned fight with Dandois to take on an unknown Russian. She did start talking about taking on Cindy when the Nunes fight was floated though.

I suggested she was a product of hype, I didn't say she was all hype. Then again, if she "DESTROYED" soccer moms, then Nunes obliterated actual decent opponents, when you realize that while Rousey's best win is about Miesha's level, that's Nunes' worst win level. :rolleyes:

People forget that three of Ronda's soccer moms actually beat Nunes. More than that, Rousey took less than a minute to beat all three, that's a minute in total for all three.

Nunes has everything; striking grappling wrestling judo bjj: the GOAT of WMMA; her only problem is that she fights like Iron Mike and blows her load within 1-2 rds; i am assuming all camp Megan was working on her TDD to keep this standing if she can withstand the initial onslaught could be a huge upset underway.

Anderson is basically just a body for Nunes, as is pretty much any female at 145 or 135 at this point. There isn’t any interesting fights for Nunes right now. Anderson is rightfully a massive underdog and it would be considered shocking in my book if she was competitive let alone if she won.

Anderson's only chance is to land an extremely lucky punch.

Back