Is Megan Anderson expected to 'Holly Holm' Nunes?

Nah Holm is a 17 time boxing champ and was undefeated at that point. Rousey had a ridiculous amount of hype, those odds should not have been that lopsided. Megan isn't that good. She's more likely to land 1 big kick that takes Nunes out than to just outclass Nunes the way Holm did to Rousey before the headkick. Even that seems unlikely though.

Anything is possible, she's a big girl with some power, but I imagine Nunes will just take her down and make an easy night of it.

The occasion will get to her when she see's Stone Cold Nunes.
giphy.gif

not sure how unexpected is it, but i expect it to go all five boring rounds and Megan losing all of them.

No, because unlike Ronda, Nunes is not a product of hype.
Its gotten so old hearing the Rousey was all hype nonsense. She literally DESTROYED everyone that was put in front of her and put WMMA on the map. I'm not a Rousey fan at all, I don't like her personality, but saying she was never good, or she was all hype, or whatever lazy statement u can make about her bc she lost her last 2 fights, is just stupid. Even though Sherdog hates WMMA, especially Rousey, doesn't mean she wasn't a badass during her championship run. the most dominate champ in the sport at that time. And thats just facts

Now release the hate!!! also what the hell was even the point of this thread

Lmao this.

Megan sucks. She's slow as heck, only kod that last girl because she basically lunged right into the punch.

Amanda is better everywhere. Ground, wrestling, stamina, speed, power, boxing.

Anderson has luck, and sharp toenails, on her side.

Only getting this TS because it's an empty division.

I remember When Cyborg was campaigning for a fight vs Cindy Dandois, because at the Time she was the only one to beat Anderson.

What a pathetic division.

Is Megan Anderson the shadow Holly Holm going into the Nunes fight?
Holly Holm was a huge underdog against Rousey and was expected to lose that fight.
But something unexpected happened.........

History is repeating itself again, and now Megan Anderson is where Holly Holm used to be.

Are we gonna expect the unexpected once again?
Rousey always had huge holes in her stand up it was just a matter of time that she would lose when she fought people not named Liz or Betch

Nunes doesn’t really have holes in her game. The only thing Anderson could do is push her against the fence and try to get a wall and stall decision.

Megan is expected to..............lose.....badly!

Lmao this.

Megan sucks. She's slow as heck, only kod that last girl because she basically lunged right into the punch.

Amanda is better everywhere. Ground, wrestling, stamina, speed, power, boxing.

Anderson has luck, and sharp toenails, on her side.

Only getting this TS because it's an empty division.
They should just do away with the division.

Megan would have to make a lot of improvements to TDD to make this a fight and we just haven't seen that.

Nunes is going to hurt her, Holly is actually highly skilled.

Its gotten so old hearing the Rousey was all hype nonsense. She literally DESTROYED everyone that was put in front of her and put WMMA on the map. I'm not a Rousey fan at all, I don't like her personality, but saying she was never good, or she was all hype, or whatever lazy statement u can make about her bc she lost her last 2 fights, is just stupid. Even though Sherdog hates WMMA, especially Rousey, doesn't mean she wasn't a badass during her championship run. the most dominate champ in the sport at that time. And thats just facts

I agree, she is top 5 ever in terms of women's mma

IfF Megan beats Nunes it would probably be the biggest upset ever imo, Ronda vs Holly had too high of odds, yes I favored Ronda because of how dominant she was and her ground game was better, but everyone knew prior to the fight that Holly was the much better striker, I just figured Ronda would eventually trip her and sub her but I was wrong

<PlusJuan>
Exactly this. I was just talking about how Ronda is #2 WMMA GOAT and her career gets shit on for no good reason. Some dude tried to rank Carano ahead of her all time... like wtf?

Last edited:
Not quite imo, but Megan has a lot of power and is quick down the middle and, with her range, she could absolutely catch and hurt Nunes.

Still think Nunes will overwhelm her, though.

With Holly, some of us knew Ronda was about to get smashed. She had never fought a striker and she was burned out and out of shape on top of things.

This is not the same. Megan is really not good anywhere. Her power is OK and she does at least have a triangle submission win. The only thing that stands out is her size. She's legit huge and isn't awkward like a Struve. Maybe the size could give Nunes some problem. I expect a heavy grappling gameplan from Nunes though and Holly who isn't a wrestler had her way with Megan on the ground.

I will say that this is the best time ever to fight Nunes. She was just talking about retirement, just had a baby and is probably a bit checked out. You are also fighting her at 145 which is not her ideal weight class.

I'm rooting for Megan but I don't see any way she wins outside of a fluke or Nunes having an awful night. I hope I'm wrong though.

Back