Is media bias in the United States pushing you away from left wing politics?

He’s balding with a terrible hairline and wears a winter hat all year long to hide said baldness. He’s also a political hack no one takes seriously.

If you think that’s “doing well” I have this boat with holes I’m looking to sell. It is also “doing well”

Yet you are talking about him on a public forum. When people are talking about you, positive or negative, things are popping for you.

First rule for success on social media, get yourself some haters.

Today’s lefties are liberals in name only. In reality they’re the furthest thing from a true liberal.

oddly nuff republicans became more of a liberal party.

They value individual rights and freedoms over progressive/lefty collective rights imposed by government on individuals

I've always been conservative but considered myself more moderate prior to a few years ago. I don't think my views have changed, I think the left just can't control its absurd base and have gone so far left that every one else seems extreme right by comparison.

f4e.png

How so? It may not be mainstream left talking point about supporting sweeping government social policies but I think leftists would support that right?

What am I missing?

It's not a choice between the environment and the economy. Environmental ruin is bad for the economy, and innovations in green energy are good for the economy. It is a choice between propping up existing energy tech and helping the transition. Oil industry propaganda and then consumers of said propaganda are the only people who would frame the issue the way he did. Likewise, no one thinks that "this country would run better under large sweeping gov't social policies than it would with private insurance companies and large corporations simply because of how big this country." Again, that's industry framing that is internalized by consumers of rightist media.

How so? It may not be mainstream left talking point about supporting sweeping government social policies but I think leftists would support that right?

What am I missing?

@Hatorade are you talking about Nationalization of key infrastructure?
Yes, mostly.
As far as things like healthcare, prisons, education, energy, auto and home insurance etc
I'm not saying the government would be more efficient at this stuff, but I think society would benefit less from these things being privatized because of less checks and balances. I can say with zero hesitation, that as a business owner myself, I could fuck you way harder than the government could because I don't have as many people looking over my shoulder.

It's not a choice between the environment and the economy. Environmental ruin is bad for the economy, and innovations in green energy are good for the economy. It is a choice between propping up existing energy tech and helping the transition. Oil industry propaganda and then consumers of said propaganda are the only people who would frame the issue the way he did. Likewise, no one thinks that "this country would run better under large sweeping gov't social policies than it would with private insurance companies and large corporations simply because of how big this country." Again, that's industry framing that is internalized by consumers of rightist media.

Oh gotcha yeah I cant agree with his
"concerened more for the Evironment than the ecconomy"

I guess it will be hard to have good welfare,healthcare if ecconomy goes to the drain.

I love the environment I dont like polution I will support evironmental regulations.

But as I have stated in another thread I want to eat more Animals.

Yes, mostly.
As far as things like healthcare, prisons, education, energy, auto and home insurance etc
I'm not saying the government would be more efficient at this stuff, but I think society would benefit less from these things being privatized because of less checks and balances. I can say with zero hesitation, that as a business owner myself, I could fuck you way harder than the government could because I don't have as many people looking over my shoulder.

Agree here thanks for the reply.

I think some people underestimate the capacity of the private sector to be corupt and incompetent.

Like private Telcos screwing customers with far reduced bandwiths but are not being penalized for over charging.

Oh gotcha yeah I cant agree with his
"concerened more for the Evironment than the ecconomy"

I guess it will be hard to have good welfare,healthcare if ecconomy goes to the drain.

I love the environment I dont like polution I will support evironmental regulations.

But as I have stated in another thread I want to eat more Animals.

It's actually an interesting post, in that it shows how Republican partisans view the thinking of liberals. It would be good if people made more of an effort to really understand what people who disagree with them think instead of just believing those kinds of silly caricatures.

I assume as a matter of fact that there's a disaffected left wing because I know them personally, and nobody with a brain is changing their opinions on social ownership because of MSNBC or CNN.

100% agree. The actual left isn't even really watching MSNBC or CNN.

Agree here thanks for the reply.

I think some people underestimate the capacity of the private sector to be corupt and incompetent.

Like private Telcos screwing customers with far reduced bandwiths but are not being penalized for over charging.
Yeah, I'm not saying the government isn't corrupt because obviously it is, but compared to large private insurance firms, private energy producers, local contractors like myself etc........the big bad government isn't so awful.

Ppl trusted snake oil salesman twice, but pissed and try something completely different

Imagine actually believing this utter nonsense. Trump is a big conman liar and you look at him as some type of messiah. Trump is absolute garbage.

The MSM is Left Wing to the core. To ignore that, or not acknowledge it, just means a person is either intellectually dishonest, or plain stupid.

Virtually all the personalities on the MSM vote Democratic. Every single Late Night talk show host has the same Left wing ideology. Nearly every newspaper has a Left wing bias. Fox News, like Drudge has taken a turn to the Left over the last 6 months. Yes, they still have their Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson pundits, but they also have a many Lefties and their hard news is clearly moving left.

Honest people are going to be put off. The lock step Leftists don't give a shit... they're little Authoritarians that think they know what is best for others. I do not count real Liberals like a Jimmy Dore in that category. They call it straight and also admit the MSM is Left bias.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back