Is McGregor the most successful one dimensional fighter we've seen?

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
First off, this isn't a hate thread, compliment if anything.

But what the title says, is he the most successful one dimensional fighter that we've seen?

Weve never seen Conor try and grapple with someone, he's landed one unsuccessful takedown his ufc career on Nate so we have to assume he doesn't have much wrestling base either but managed to keep all his fights on the feet and win 2 belts.

I know Ronda is probably a fair shout aswell but if not Conor who would it be?

Royce still gets talked about to this day. Not that I think he'd stand a chance now though.

And he just had bjj back then.

Conor is not one dimensional, he outgrappled Max with an ACL injury

Holloway is more one dimensional if I am following this logic correctly.

Conor is not one dimensional, he outgrappled Max with an ACL injury

Holloway is more one dimensional if I am following this logic correctly.

Ah the old ACL comments. I suppose the same applies for the broken foot he had against Khabib aswell?

Max has great ground skills and has submission wins on his record. I'd say Max wouldn't be phased too much on the ground but with Conor it seems he stays away from there as much as possible.

Ah the old ACL comments. I suppose the same applies for the broken foot he had against Khabib aswell?

Max has great ground skills and has submission wins on his record. I'd say Max wouldn't be phased too much on the ground but with Conor it seems he stays away from there as much as possible.
Still, his grappling is not so bad you can consider him one dimensional, or nearly all fighters are one dimensional.

but anyway to answer the OP question, no.

without UFC pulling every bullshit stunt possible to caress Conor to the champ champ status he'd be a top 15 LW

nothing more

he beat Max but he lost to Khabib, I don't think I follow what you're saying

he had to grapple because of the injury proving he is not one dimensional

BJJ and palm strikes, he didn't need anytbing else.
What about K1 Royce?
GettyImages-285891.jpg

Still, his grappling is not so bad you can consider him one dimensional, or nearly all fighters are one dimensional.

but anyway to answer the OP question, no.

without UFC pulling every bullshit stunt possible to caress Conor to the champ champ status he'd be a top 15 LW

nothing more

I asked a question based on facts though, fact is Conor did win 2 belts and beat some good guys.

We all know he had an easier route to the title but that wasn't my question.

First off, this isn't a hate thread, compliment if anything.

But what the title says, is he the most successful one dimensional fighter that we've seen?

Weve never seen Conor try and grapple with someone, he's landed one unsuccessful takedown his ufc career on Nate so we have to assume he doesn't have much wrestling base either but managed to keep all his fights on the feet and win 2 belts.

I know Ronda is probably a fair shout aswell but if not Conor who would it be?

who you callin one dimensional

6yWdE6y.png

We've seen Conor land 4 takedowns against Holloway and one against Brandao and out grapple both

We also saw Ronda stand with Bethe and knock her into bolivian

Both are pretty one dimensional but we've seen more one dimensional fighters

We've seen Conor land 4 takedowns against Holloway and one against Brandao and out grapple both

We also saw Ronda stand with Bethe and knock her into bolivian

Both are pretty one dimensional but we've seen more one dimensional fighters

Who would you say?

If you think Conor is 1 dimensional....go get a VCR and rent UFC 1-30 from blockbuster

Back