Is Matthysse really the P4P hardest puncher?

Looked like Lucas power didn't carry over into the later rounds.

I think he is still up there in the top 5 or maybe even 3.

The swelling kept him in a situation where he needed to protect his chin against Garcia's left hook so he couldn't really let his right go, but he still tagged Garcia with some big shots.

Matthysse is heavy handed. Period. Garcia fought smart and has a good chin. I don't think that loss can take away from Matthysse as a puncher.

Like in the 11th when he knocked Garcia's mouthpiece into the third row?

it knocked the mouthpiece down , not garcia.

danny took that shot pretty well, and went on to knock mathysse down in that same round .

Well we didn't get to see what would have happened because they had to stop the fight to get his mouthpiece.

And holy shit was that knockdown later in the round brutal! I mean how did Matthysse get up from that?

My point is he carried his power far enough in the fight to land that good solid shot. The fact that it was only one makes a difference.

I think he is still up there in the top 5 or maybe even 3.

The swelling kept him in a situation where he needed to protect his chin against Garcia's left hook so he couldn't really let his right go, but he still tagged Garcia with some big shots.

Matthysse is heavy handed. Period. Garcia fought smart and has a good chin. I don't think that loss can take away from Matthysse as a puncher.

He is heavy handed for sure. But rooting for Garcia, I wasn't worried about him getting KO'd once he survived the early rounds.

he straight clobbered danny when that moutpiece went flying and it stunned danny a bit,but he was still game. lets just say lucas can punch really hard and danny can take it

Power is an overrated quality in a boxer. Think of all the biggest punchers in the sports history, very few of them are considered great.

to me they are!

Power is an overrated quality in a boxer. Think of all the biggest punchers in the sports history, very few of them are considered great.

So much sass out of you. Or should I say thath??

NOVA17_Slapp.JPG

methinks seano was a feather fisted amateur boxer out of maine

"that seano man hes got the science down but hes got no power for the pros"

ORIGIN SPOILER

well for sure tyson would be less terrifying if he swung and faceplanted as lucas the gay matty was often times found doing...

OR WOULD HE??

You'd have to do a Drago-esque psi test to find out, with some sort of mathematical conversion factor to get the P4P aspect right.

You'd have to do a Drago-esque psi test to find out, with some sort of mathematical conversion factor to get the P4P aspect right.

Or just accept the fact the 33 of his 35 opponents (possible 34?) have at least hit the canvas when facing him, so he's probably a hell of a hitter, and skip the algorithms...

Lucas is still a big puncher it's just Danny has a big boy chin. Golovkin is technically better but I think Matthysse is the better puncher.

Back