is Masvidal is the epitome of "FIGHTER"?

Getting ridiculous now.

This is the guy that got taken apart by Khabilov, Maia, Benson, Wonderboy.

Masvidal fans are the new Conor fans.

Insufferable.

he has the perfect nick name. hes game bred for damn sure. Is there any better examples of a "fighter". I mean in contrast to a martial artist or athlete.

Fights on the streets
Fights on sight when he feels disrespected, even at work lol (back stage not in cage)
Doesnt hold out for money
he will fight his team mates
doesnt give a fuck about being PC juts violence..

Theres other guys who are close but dont check all the boxes. Like the diaz brothers, they wont fight team mates and hold out for money.

Would you say he is the epitome of what a real "fighter" is?

I like Jorge.

But it's a trend lately to compare him with Diaz bros, so watch how Nick handled a big puncher in Daley vs Masvidal.

Jorge has higher IQ maybe, but bigger balls, I don't think so.

Last edited:
I like Jorge.

But it's a trend lately to compare him with Diaz bros, so watch how Nick handled a big puncher in Daley vs Masvidal.

Jorge has higher IQ maybe, but bigger balls, I don't think so.

Such a damn good fight that was, speaking of Diaz and Daley

Man you would think someone with a Vovchanchyn user name would be a little more educated than that

I don’t hold it against him really. Just for this particular situation. I’m fully aware of the fedor situation. When he’s compared to other “anywhere anytime” guys this is just a slight knock.

He will fight his team mates because of money, not because of bushido, the sake of fighting or whever goes in your head TS.

So going after the Diaz brothers for behaving as, you know, prize fighters is weird since that what Masvidal is doing as well.

It’s both. Has to be because other guys won’t don it at all. it’s not necessarily money, it’s security for his kids. I get they are hand and hand but it is an important distinction.

Again this isn’t a funky topic because guys like fedor and bj and the Diaz brothers 100% in this category, just a tad lower IMHO

Frank Mir on the street would be a nightmare for just about anybody. He is huge, talented, and has a mean streak!

Apparently carries knifes and guns wherever he is too

He will fight his team mates because of money, not because of bushido, the sake of fighting or whever goes in your head TS.

So going after the Diaz brothers for behaving as, you know, prize fighters is weird since that what Masvidal is doing as well.

<PlusJuan>

He's on a great run right now - it may come to an abrupt end next fight or it may not - it happens sometimes - fighters just get in a groove for a period of time. Lawler is a great example - had a mediocre period then disappeared for a bit (out of the UFC I mean) and came back unstoppable for a while. The ebb and flow of a career.

It’s both. Has to be because other guys won’t don it at all. it’s not necessarily money, it’s security for his kids. I get they are hand and hand but it is an important distinction.

Again this isn’t a funky topic because guys like fedor and bj and the Diaz brothers 100% in this category, just a tad lower IMHO
If you mean it's a noble cause because he does it for his kids, well, that's just parenting. It's not decent or indecent, it's natural.
Natural is also for the Diaz brothers wanting to live a decent life. If anything, they try to live without kissing the rings of wannabe Dons.

About saying Fedor is lower than Jorge...Not even Dana would say that.

You mentioned PC in your OP. When he talked about his beef with Askren, he mentioned racism. It's not the crazy kind of PC but it's still PC.

Let me add this: It was quite UN-bushido of Masvidal to make a sketchy video of himself, saying he's fighting Nick Diaz when there were no contracts signed (or at least, from Nick's side).

I vote Matt Brown.

He'll kill you if you put lime on his dip.

Epitome? I dont know, he sure isnt as full of shit about what he is doing or what he is.
You'd talk to someone like pvz and then switch back to masvidal and you will see one of them fore sure is very confused and not much of a fighter at all and the other one just likes to throw down.

Notice how no one here is bringing up GSP as a true fighter.

I wanna add a couple of things:
Masvidal was fighting along with Kimbo from what I've read. I used to watch street fights (Kimbo included) and I remember that everytime a fight ended, cash was changing hands. That's fighting for money right there.
BJ Penn didn't need the money, everybody admits that. He was fighting because he liked it.
As for Nick:
iI12UoN.jpg

Before the UFC, Strikeforce, mma etc. Before money and fame. Hell, before even puberty (lol). Now that's pure. He was raising his fists in this photo and probably they went for their ABC's after that.

He is all Nate and Nick wish they were.

20140420044711_1DX_4448.JPG

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Tank-Abbott1.jpg

This is how Kimbo ends a street fight.
kimbopunch.jpg

Last edited:
Back