Is Masvidal a contender at WW because he beat Till??

most people know that jorge is good enough to be competitive against anyone in the division. he just keeps on failing to perform consistently.

An odd statement, considering Till was a middleweight when he beat Wonderboy.

I agree its ridiculous and unprofessional to miss weight. However, this is the reality of the current landscape. Romero missed weight when he beat Rockhold, and goes on to be rewarded with a title shot. We still call him a middleweight.

Till's whole hype train is based off him surprising a very undersized Cerrone.

It I based off Cerrone having zero head movement and till having that piston Left.

I still can't believe how scared Till was of Twood. He didn't even try.

Masvidal is one of the toughest styles to beat in the division. He has criminally underrated grappling and has legit knockout power. His defense has really picked up over the past couple years as well. I do feel that defeating Till in the fashion that he did raises his stock very much so. He has become significantly more aggressive the past couple years which has really helped his cause in my opinion. Where I do favor Askren in his next match up, I can see him being a problem for just about anyone. I do feel that Wonder Boy is his stylistic nightmare though, as we saw when they fought.

His next fight isn’t against Askren which would be an enormous win. If he wins that he’s clearly fighting for the title

masvidal is a gatekeeper.

i dont want him to fight askren, id like to see him vs pettis. that fight would be fireworks!

If he wins his next fight he'll be on a 2 fight win streak.
But over two guys who were ranked in the top 5 when he beat them. I kinda agree, but it wouldn't be anywhere close to the most undeserved title shot the UFC gave out.

Bens prob gonna have his way and grind out a dec against Jorge but man, what I would do for him to pound Ben out Cerrone style, just nasty with body shots and all.

i really hope mas beats ben, that would be awesome to see.

but beating ben, then what. titleshot after beating a guy that had one ufc fight??

it sucks that ben just got to the ufc at this time, 3-5 years ago damn even more would have been ideal...

Back