Is Masvidal a contender at WW because he beat Till??

His backstage antics SHOULD have gotten him in trouble but he said something charming and funny so the UFC is going to capitalize on it and push him.
That's how it's been for the last 10 years at least. Where have you been?

Masvidal will lose his next fight, probably by SD, as always... No matter who is fighting.

He is inconsistent as fck.
same with Woodley. on his day Woodley can beat anyone but there are times when he is just never in the zone and instead chooses to fight like a timid kitten who just lays his back against the cage to counter.

You don't know what a gatekeeper is apparently.

But did Till deserve to be ranked #3 or was he gifted that ranking for marketing reasons?
He had some notable wins before the title fight. Dominated Cerrone and beat Wonder Boy. He was overrated going into the Tyron fight but now I feel like people are underrating him. Hes a good striker and hes huge for WW. Masvidal lost the first round against him.

That's usually how it goes on Sherdog. Fighters get massively overrated during the hype phase and then they get massive underrated when they take a loss.(Look at McGregor). Do I think Till deserved the #3 spot? Sure. There wasnt really anyone else. He outstruck Thompson FFS. Not many people are able to do that.

He had some notable wins before the title fight. Dominated Cerrone and beat Wonder Boy. He was overrated going into the Tyron fight but now I feel like people are underrating him. Hes a good striker and hes huge for WW. Masvidal lost the first round against him.

That's usually how it goes on Sherdog. Fighters get massively overrated during the hype phase and then they get massive underrated when they take a loss.(Look at McGregor). Do I think Till deserved the #3 spot? Sure. There wasnt really anyone else. He outstruck Thompson FFS. Not many people are able to do that.
In between till, Colby and usman.

Who should have fought for the title when?

I hate Colby but he deserved the shot over usman. Usman would be next in line and then till.

Having a win over a guy that just fought for the title 2 title fights ago, does that make Masvidal a contender at welterweight?

Personally I think Till was gifted that title shot and was not worthy at all, but having Masvidal knock him out where does that leave Masvidal? One more fight and if he gets a win, then he will be considered for a shot?

It’s so strange to see Jorge in this situation. He is not elite at all, and really just a jobber, not even gate keeper status to be honest...

Masvidal is nearly a .50 fighter. And yes I Agree, Till was rushed into a title shot with a single top 10 win (a snoozefest decision over a guy that is currently 1-3-1 in his last 5). Sometimes being undefeated really doesn't mean much.

I'm not certain where the Masvidal hype is coming from. He sucked before the Till fight and he will fade back into obscurity after Askren trounces him.

Having a win over a guy that just fought for the title 2 title fights ago, does that make Masvidal a contender at welterweight?

Personally I think Till was gifted that title shot and was not worthy at all, but having Masvidal knock him out where does that leave Masvidal? One more fight and if he gets a win, then he will be considered for a shot?

It’s so strange to see Jorge in this situation. He is not elite at all, and really just a jobber, not even gate keeper status to be honest...

What makes Masvidal a contender is that he’s very tough and seems to be becoming more dangerous after the move to welterweight. He’s now knocked out two good strikers in Cerrone and Till. In between he faced two of the trickiest matchups in the division in Maia and Wonderboy. It’s very difficult to look good against those guys, (and Jorge probably could’ve won that Maia fight based on Maia’s total inability to inflict damage).

If what Jorge did to Till and Day Drinking Don didn’t impress you that’s your prerogative. But I think the rest of the division took notice.

What you said at the end about being a jobber just seemed like you being a gaping, menstruating vagina, so I’m not going to address that part. We can discuss again after you’re off your period if you’d like.

If you feel this way about Jorge, how to you feel about Ortega? Even after the beatdown he got from Max, people still want to keep him up in the talk of title contention. He leaped so far up with his Edgar win.

No.
But i would love nothing more than to see him starch Askren, but i wouldn't bet YOUR money on that happening.

I think you're being a bit biased against Jorge in that last sentence

He's fought in some great fights at a very high level over a long period of time....he's quite accomplished as a fighter, not all that different from Bisping until Mike hit a stroke of luck

I think you're being a bit biased against Jorge in that last sentence

He's fought in some great fights at a very high level over a long period of time....he's quite accomplished as a fighter, not all that different from Bisping until Mike hit a stroke of luck
BrilliantFinishedAntelope-small.gif

Kidding, kidding.

I’m posting this from a neutral point of view if anything.

Yeah, but not really, the upside of winning that fight was for Till to take, Masvidal was being fed to Till to be beaten at Till's backyard, he is in a good place with that win, got some headlines, specially with the after fight brawl, but he isnt exactly in line, 1-2 more fights and he could be a contender.

BrilliantFinishedAntelope-small.gif

Kidding, kidding.

I’m posting this from a neutral point of view if anything.
Lol

I guess ill answer your question for self serving purposes....

He's a contender in the sense that he's in the mix for the next wave after the love triangle of usman/colby/woodley get finalized, at least enough to move forward

He's got a good opponent in Askren because Askren is also on that bubble waiting for the top 3...if Jorge eliminated Askren AND Woodley lost to Lawler, Jorge would be basically top 2 contenders without even really doing anything

Back